There are no blockbuster stories to report today, so I’m blogging instead about several news items you may find interesting.
- Carnival has teamed up with Shape and Men’s Fitness magazines to offer the fourth Mind/Body Cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest. The seven-night western Caribbean sailing departs on December 2 and will offer fitness and relaxation classes, meditation sessions, healthy cooking demonstrations and nutritional workshops, and other wellness seminars.
- The Costa Serena will have her inauguration party in Marseille, France, on May 19. A show of lights and images called “Mediterranean Serenade” will honor the great monuments of Marseille. The ceremony will also feature fireworks, the traditional champagne smash, and a performance by the Choir of the Opéra de Marseille.
- Princess has altered its plans for the Emerald Princess’ and Royal Princess’ naming ceremony. Out of respect for the recent cruise ship tragedy in Santorini, Princess will move the Emerald Princess’ inaugural festivities from the island to Athens. Plans for the debut of the Royal Princess have not been announced.
- Princess also has introduced close to 200 new shore excursions for its summer Europe cruises. More importantly, perhaps, the cruise line has developed a new tool to help travelers sort through all of the shore tours. The “Excursions at a Glance” section of Princess’ excursion brochure now categorizes trips as Explorer (full-day tours), Traveler (half-day tours), Adventurer (for active travelers), Elite (small-group trips), and Overland (multi-day experiences).
- Crystal’s August 31 Film and Theatre Festival voyage will focus on character actors. Special guests and speakers include actor Bruce McGill, producer Steven Rivellino, and author/historian Robert Kimball. The 14-night transatlantic crossing sails from London to New York and calls in Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada.
- Silversea is replacing its Mandara Spa with The Spa at Silversea, a new spa that has debuted on the Silver Shadow and will be added to the other three ships by the end of the summer. In addition to typical spa treatments and services, guests can book a variety of Wellness Ceremonies that focus on aging skin, cellulite, arthritis, poor circulation, and sore muscles. Other ceremonies are solely intended for relaxation and pampering purposes.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Southwest Ireland: 7-Night Golf Trip w/Chauffeur,...
Old Sod Toursvacation $7490+
All-Incl. Upstate New York Family Ranch...
Cape Town to Rio De Janeiro:...
Regent Seven Seas Cruisescruise $12999+