A cooler disguised as a chic backpack? Sign me up.
Corkcicle Eola Bucket Bag Review:
As someone who lives within walking distance of a beach, I hate lugging a cumbersome cooler with food and drinks for blocks. That is why I was excited to test out an alternative option. The Eola Bucket Bag by Corkcicle (which already makes trendy and popular water bottles) looks nothing like a cooler and has an important feature: It’s hands-free.
Price and Where to Buy: $130 on Corkcicle’s website (for pre-order) and Amazon (coming soon).
How the Corkcicle Eola Bucket Bag Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. I would do almost anything to avoid having to carry an awkward cooler to the beach. Bonus: There’s a rear stash pocket for beach essentials.
- Value: 8/10. Any cooler over $100 is an investment, and that’s exactly what this is. However, you’re really getting a two-for-one here as the cooler works as a daypack or an airplane personal item.
- Durability: 9/10. While my Eola Bucket Bag doesn’t have a full summer under its belt, the vegan leather material looks promising so far, and the backpack straps are comfortable on initial use. To clean both the interior and exterior, the brand recommends wiping with water and mild detergent. The interior is made with food-safe TPU lining, welded seams, and closed cell foam insulation, so it will keep your drinks and snacks cold.
- Portability: 10/10. This backpack fits 12 cans or eight cans plus two wine bottles. It uses space efficiently and feels much less bulky than standard coolers.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. I would use this bag to transport almost anything, and the fact that it’s actually a cooler is amazing. It’s super stylish, and you can purchase it in seafoam green (more feminine), black camo, or gray.
Final Verdict: If you’re sick of lugging a cooler to the beach, browse Corkcicle’s new line of cooler bags. I tested the Bucket Bag, but there are three other styles available: Duffle, Handbag, and Tote.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Essential Beach Packing List
- 10 Tips for Packing the Perfect Beach Bag
- 9 Next-Generation Beach Coolers for Summer
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.