There are plenty of reasons to share a suitcase: You want to cut down on checked bag fees, you’ve got kids who aren’t old enough to lug their own gear reliably, or you want to be as minimalist as possible. Regardless of the reason, there are organizational challenges that come with sharing a bag with another person, like keeping clothes separate and easy to access.
Before kids, I was a solo suitcase packer. But now I nearly always share a suitcase with them, so I was excited to test the Complete Bundle from EZPacking, a set that comes with two large cubes, two medium cubes, two small cubes, and two extra-small cubes, plus a foldable duffel bag, a set of packing boards, two shoe bags, and a laundry bag.
Complete Bundle Review
Price and Where to Buy the Complete Bundle: $119 for the Complete Bundle, which includes the 14 items listed above. Available from EZPacking.com.
How the Complete Bundle Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. While I am always trying to pack light, I find that packing cubes are worth the minimal additional weight, especially when I’m sharing a suitcase. This was my first time using transparent cubes, and it made packing and unpacking extra easy because I could see what we had—and what we were missing. The tall and structured sides of the cubes were great because it kept the clothing in place once we arrived at our destination and I put the unzipped cubes in drawers. Even the items I hadn’t anticipated relying on (the shoe bag and the laundry bag, for instance) ended up making the entire packing/unpacking/repacking process a breeze.
- Value: 9/10. $119 is a lot to spend at once; but when you compare the prices for individual cubes, it ends up being a good deal.
- Portability: 9/10. These don’t pack down as small as fabric cubes, but the see-through plastic is worth the minimal extra storage weight.
- Durability: 9/10. The plastic of the cubes is thick and pliable, and the zippers move easily.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. Being able to quickly check the contents of a packing cube without opening it is a genius upgrade to the classic cube.
Final Verdict: These cubes simplify sharing suitcase space, and go from suitcase to dresser easily, all while keeping items rolled (or folded) and contained.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.