Here are the top Cancun hotels for every type of traveler:
Best Cancun Hotels: Luxury
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun: All rooms here have an ocean view and travelers love that this resort doesn’t feel like a tacky tourist destination.
- Excellence Playa Mujeres: Travelers rave about the large rooms and bathrooms. Plus, it has free breakfast.
- Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun: Visit the island just off of Cancun for a more secluded vacation; this hotel offers a free yacht shuttle to and from Cancun.
Best Cancun Hotels: Ocean View
- Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun: All rooms here have a guaranteed view of the ocean, plus a VIP beach and sun deck area for Grand Club members. If you’re traveling with kids, the property has an entertaining kids club.
- Aloft Cancun: The ocean views from the rooftop infinity pool are killer. Plus, rates are very affordable.
- Krystal Cancun: This hotel is a great value and offers sea-view balconies.
Best Cancun Hotels: All-Inclusive
- LeBlanc Spa Resort: This modern resort is known for its world-class spa.
- Secrets The Vine Cancun: Come for unique included offers like yoga and wine tasting. Travelers also love the variety of on-site cuisine.
- Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas: Check out the eight, yes, eight on-site restaurants, free Wi-Fi, and an unbeatable location in the middle of the hotel zone.
Best Cancun Hotels: Adults-Only
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun: Located on one of the more private resort beaches, the Hyatt also offers great food and rooms have particularly large bathrooms.
- Beloved Playa Mujeres: Book a stay here for the large rooms and the hydrotherapy spa.
- Grand Oasis Sens: Do you need any more convincing other than a private plunge pool? Get the Sian Ka’an upgrade.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 10 Ways to Have an Authentic Trip to Mexico
- What to Pack for Mexico: 30 Essentials
- 10 Countries Where Your Dollar Goes Furthest in 2018
Don't Miss: Top Tours in Cancun
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.