Worried about leaving your home empty while you travel? The Canary Flex is a small, wireless, and Wi-Fi-enabled camera that lets you check on your property while you’re gone. The camera pairs with an app on your phone so you can remotely view any area at which you’ve pointed the Canary.
Canary Flex Review:
Price and Where to Buy: At the time of writing, the Canary Flex was on sale on Amazon for $129, marked down from $199.
How the Canary Flex Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Canary’s wide-angle camera lets you view HD video clearly and crisply (even at night). You can talk through the camera using the app to have a conversation with a person (or pet) at home. You can even set up alerts for when a person enters the camera’s range. The Canary Flex uses AI technology to differentiate a person from an animal or anything else that’s moving, so you won’t get false alarms.
- Durability: 9/10. The Canary Flex is weatherproof and works in rain, snow, heat, or cold.
- Ease of Use: 10/10. Both the camera and app are easy to use. The camera has rechargeable batteries, so it can be used wirelessly. The magnetic swivel mount quickly attaches to almost any surface, and then you can position the camera at any angle you like.
Final Verdict: Want to keep an eye on your home while you’re out? The Canary Flex will give you peace of mind via video.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Keep Your Home Safe on Vacation: 9 Essential Tips
- How to Check for Hidden Cameras in Your Hotel Room or Vacation Rental
- Money Safety Tips for Travelers
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.