Tired of greasy sunscreens that leak all over your bag? Brush on Block’s translucent mineral sunscreen is a powder that’s housed in a convenient makeup-type brush that makes you actually want to reapply. Since it’s a powder, you don’t have to worry about spills or the TSA.
Brush on Block Review:
Brush on Block Rates:How the
- Usefulness: 10/10. The mineral powder and brush design make it easy to apply sunscreen without messing up your makeup. The clear powder won’t leave your face looking white or greasy, and you can even use it on your scalp or part (common skin cancer spots). Unlike liquid sunscreens, Brush on Block won’t run in your eyes when you sweat, and it won’t spill if you toss it in your bag. It’s sweat- and water-resistant for up to 90 minutes.
- Value: 9/10. Although you can get regular sunscreen for cheaper, many face-specific sunscreens fall around this price point. This one is reef-friendly, not tested on animals, and paraben/PABA/phthalate-free, which helps justify the price. When you run out, you can keep the brush and just buy a refill cartridge for around $16, which is a great deal.
- Design: 10/10. The design of the brush and container is really genius. The bottom cartridge holds the sunscreen powder, and you can simply twist it to open or close. This dispenses the powder to the fluffy brush, allowing you to apply it as needed. When not in use, a plastic tube pops up to compress the brush so that you can close it off with a lid, making it purse or beach bag friendly.
Final Verdict: The Brush on Block will change how you feel about using sunscreen.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Essential Beach Packing List
- 10 Tips for Packing a Perfect Beach Bag
- The Ultimate Cruise Packing List: What to Pack for a Cruise
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.