They say that there are mores discos than beds to sleep in Bodrum. Of course, this is an exaggeration but the nightlife in Bodrum is quite lively with many different places to go; it’s second to none!
Places of Interest
Turkey has a very different atmosphere and culture than other countries and it’s a real joy just to walk around the streets of Bodrum on a warm summer night. Taking in the aroma of the food and experiencing every shop trying to sell you something is quite special. Other highlights:
- Halikarnas Disco is a long-time presence in the city. This is one place you probably shouldn’t miss, especially if you are young or if you feel young. A warning though, it is expensive.
- One of the coolest and most popular places to go in Bodrum at night is the floating club. The catamaran departs around 1 a.m. and you can party and dance on the open sea until the wee hours of the morning. There are several bars on the boat and the DJs are terrific; sometimes even well-known international DJs play. The floor is made of glass so you can see the water beneath you.
- Golturkbuku (commonly referred to just as Turkbuku) is a part of Bodrum that is generally overlooked by foreign tourists. This is actually where most trendy Turkish people holidaying in Bodrum go for nights out to dinner, bars and clubbing.
Additionally, some of the best bars and clubs are located on the beachfront.
What to Wear
Most of the bars and clubs do not have a specific dress code, however, there are a few that you need to dress to impress. It’s probably a good idea to check to see what, if any, dress requirements are needed. If in doubt, smart casual might be your best option.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Bodrum Things to Do – Attractions & Must See
- Turkey Travel Guide: What to Do in Turkey
- Tips on Bodrum Warnings or Dangers – Stay Safe!
Editor’s Note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about nightlife in Bodrum.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.