Birdies’ Goldfinch slip-ons are slippers that are sturdy (and stylish) enough to wear out of the house.
The Goldfinch Review:
Price and Where to Buy the Goldfinch: The Goldfinch slippers are available on Birdies’ website for $140.
How the Goldfinch Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Goldfinch is part indoor shoe, part slipper. It looks like a stylish slip-on, and has a sturdy enough sole that you can wear the shoes outside, but they’re so comfortable that you’ll want to swap them for your regular shoes whenever you come home.
- Value: 7/10. These indoor shoes are not inexpensive, but they have an attractive embroidered design and are made from quality materials that make them worth the price tag.
- Durability: 9/10. The Goldfinch is Birdies’ vegan model, and is made from durable materials, including a tough rubber outsole. The interior is lined with a faux shearling that is incredibly cozy (just like your favorite slippers).
- Portability: 10/10. The Goldfinch slip-ons are lightweight and slim, and can be easily packed so you can wear them in your hotel room (or out on a walk).
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The design looks like a classic smoking slipper and is very on-trend (plus the black and gold pairs well with everything).
Final Verdict: Birdies Slippers’ Goldfinch slippers are the perfect airplane shoe. Wear them while walking around the airport, slip them off easily at security, and be comfortable on the plane.
More from SmarterTravel:
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.