If you have ever dumped out the entire contents of your bag just to find that one thing, then you already know the value of being able to see all your belongings at once. When I know I’ll be out all day, I like to do this even if I haven’t misplaced anything. It’s helpful to lay everything out and take stock of what’s actually in my bag. That’s why I was so intrigued by the new Slimline Backpack from Baron Fig, a backpack that unzips to lie totally flat, so you can see and access every pocket easily.
Baron Fig Slimline Backpack Review:
Price and Where to Buy: $85 on Baron Fig’s website.
How the Baron Fig Slimline Backpack Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. I find the lie-flat design extremely useful when I need to do some work on long travel days. With the backpack flat, I can safely store my laptop in the padded pocket and organize the rest of my notebooks, sticky pads, planners, and writing utensils in the others. The swing pockets, which are pockets that can be opened from either the inside or the outside of the backpack, are also a nice touch. They’re very handy for items you might need quick access to like a train ticket or your passport.
- Value: 7/10. For a backpack made of canvas material, it seems a little pricey, but there’s actually a lot more than meets the eye. The canvas material is actually water-resistant, so liquid from quick spills should slide right off. However, it’s not totally waterproof, so it could still get soaked if you’re wearing it in the rain. The metal zipper is also a nice detail that adds a touch of style and personality to the backpack.
- Durability: 7/10. The canvas material feels strong and sturdy, and I love the thick adjustable straps, which are comfortable and functional, and won’t wear out easily.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. This is a cute backpack with great organizational features. It’s somehow large and roomy while maintaining a narrow chic silhouette. It comes in attractive, muted pastel color options, and the slim backpack look is definitely trending right now, which gives it bonus cool points.
Final Verdict: If you haven’t yet found the right backpack to get your work done on the go, this fashionable lie-flat backpack with swing pockets could be just the thing for you or the digital nomad in your life.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Editors’ Choice Awards: Best New Travel Backpacks 2018
- The 23 Best Travel Accessories for Type-A Personalities
- 10 Best Travel Day Packs
Jamie Ditaranto is a writer and photographer always looking for her next adventure. Follow her on Twitter @jamieditaranto.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at editor@.