Are you a 30-something male? If not, then sorry, no, you have no chance at being the perfect air passenger. (At least, according to a survey conducted by Skyscanner.net.) The travel search engine asked over 700 cabin crew in 85 countries to stereotype who they thought was the perfect airline passenger, and the majority responded that their favorite flyers are 30-something males traveling in economy for leisure.
How can you work on becoming the perfect passenger, even if you’re the wrong gender or age? Avoid these behaviors, listed as the ten things that flyers did that annoyed flight attendants most often:
- Clicking fingers to get a flight attendant’s attention
- Getting out of seats before being allowed to (after landing)
- Cramming too many bags into the overhead bins
- Complaining about lack of overhead bin space
- Talking through the safety demo
- Asking for more blankets/pillows
- Stuffing trash in the seat pocket
- Requesting a different in-flight meal
- Ringing the call button to complain about the plane’s temperature
- Asking for a specific brand of drink
Do you commit any of these sins on planes? Tell us in the comments!
You Might Also Like:
- Weekly Weird: Flight Attendants Fight!
- Friendliest Flight Attendants and Crew (Domestic Airline)
- Don’t Mess With Your Flight Attendant
(Photo: Portrait of a handsome young guy standing near globe on white background via Shutterstock)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.