Price and Where to Buy: The 24-Can Titan Deep Freeze Backpack Cooler is $42 on Amazon.
How the Arctic Zone Titan Backpack Cooler Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Titan Backpack Cooler is marketed as a way to carry up to 24 cans plus ice. But for travelers, it has another, better use. It’s low-profile enough that it can pass as a backpack, but it keeps things cool for an impressively long time (it can keep ice cold for up to two days). So for trips that include a lot of picnics, beach time, or snacks on the go, this cooler could just be your go-to daypack. It has two zippered exterior pockets, two water bottle pockets, and webbing for tucking in extras, plus a padded back and backpack straps. It’s also waterproof and antimicrobial. It is comfortable to wear and pretty much just looks like a backpack from the outside (once you zip it open, you can see the insulated lining).
- Value: 9/10 The price is competitive with other coolers, and it offers the additional benefit of not really looking like a cooler, so it could be used as a backpack as well.
- Durability: 9/10. The backpack is leakproof and easy to clean. It has antimicrobial technology that inhibits the growth of bacteria in the lining of the cooler. And it’s PVC free.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. This cooler looks good, is comfortable to carry, and keeps items nice and cool—just what you want in a summer travel buddy.
Final Verdict: If you’re willing to think out of the box and use a cooler as your travel day pack, you’ll keep picnic items, drinks, and snacks at the perfect temperature for long periods and can turn any stop into a picnic.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Ultimate Cruise Packing List
- The Best National Parks in the U.S., As Recommended By Rangers
- 7 Shoes That Are Good for Your Feet, According to Doctors
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us to test free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.