Wondering where to visit for your next American vacation? Surprisingly, it seems that the best city in the U.S. is Lincoln, Nebraska—at least according to Gallup’s Well-Being survey.
The annual list ranks metropolitan areas on a 100-point scale measuring six categories: examine life evaluation, emotional health, work environment, physical health, healthy behaviors, and access to basic necessities.
Out of the 189 cities evaluated, the top ten were:
- Lincoln, NE
- Boulder, CO
- Burlington-South Burlington, VT
- Provo-Orem, UT
- Fort Collins-Loveland, CO
- Barnstable Town, MA
- Honolulu, HI
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Washington, D.C. Area (including parts of VA and MD)
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA
And where should you avoid booking your next trip or relocation? Charlestown, WV ranked last in the list. Rounding out the rest of the bottom ten were:
- Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY-OH
- Mobile, AL
- Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX
- Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton, NC
- Fort Smith, AR-OK
- Bakersfield, CA
- Evansville, IN-KY
- Rockford, IL
- Spartanburg, SC
- Utica-Rome, NY
Where does your city rank on the list? Find out at Gallup’s website.
Do you agree or disagree with the rankings? Tell us in the comments!
You Might Also Like:
- What’s Cooking in America’s Fattest Cities?
- America’s Best Cities on the Rise
- America’s 10 Most Haunted Cities
(Photo: The Nebraska State Capitol Building in downtown Lincoln via Shutterstock)