Want to receive stories like this every day? Subscribe to our free Deal Alert newsletter!
American, British Airways, and Iberia announced they will expand their codesharing agreement to include hundreds of new destinations. All three airlines will expand the number of routes on which they codeshare, and new codeshare flights go on sale today (most travel begins December 28).
In a release, American said it will “add its (AA*) code to an additional 57 British Airways flights to 16 markets and 4 Iberia flights to 2 markets. British Airways will add its (BA*) code to 42 additional American Airlines flights to 18 markets and 56 Iberia flights to 8 markets. Iberia will add its (IB*) code to 72 American flights in 23 markets and 86 British Airways flights to 24 markets. In total, it adds up to 317 new codeshare routes.
“As a result of the joint business, British Airways code will be published on over 2,800 American and Iberia flights serving more than 336 destinations. American Airlines code will be displayed on over 800 British Airways and Iberia flights to 174 destinations, and Iberia will publish its code on more than 350 British Airways and American Airlines flights to 80 destinations. All together, the joint business will serve more than 400 destinations in over 100 countries with approximately 5,200 daily departures.”
Here are American’s expanded codeshare markets:
On British Airways:
London/Heathrow (LHR) to/from:
- San Diego (SAN), California
London/Heathrow (LHR) to/from the U.S. via Canada:
- Calgary International (YYC), Alberta
- Montreal/Trudeau (YUL), Quebec
- Toronto (YYZ), Ontario
- Vancouver (YVR), British Columbia
U.S. Connecting to/from Europe via:
- London/Heathrow (LHR) to/from: Paris/Orly (ORY)
- London/Gatwick (LGW) to/from: Amsterdam (AMS), Netherlands; Bologna (BLQ), Italy; Edinburgh (EDI), United Kingdom; Geneva (GVA), Switzerland; Glasgow (GLA), United Kingdom; Manchester (MAN), United Kingdom; Marseille (MRS), France; Naples (NAP), Italy; Rome/Fiumicino (FCO), Italy; Venice (VCE), Italy
Barcelona (BCN), Spain to/from:
- Miami (MIA), Florida
Madrid (MAD), Spain to/from:
- Los Angeles (LAX), California
Frequent flyers can earn miles in their respective programs on these codeshare flights.