Ameribag Healthy Back Bag Review
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Healthy Back Bag lives up to its name—it’s far and away the most comfortable cross-body bag I’ve ever used. It has plenty of pockets, including a waterproof umbrella/water bottle pocket, outside zip, tuck, and magnet-closure pockets for quick access, and interior pockets sized to hold everything from keys to tablets. For travelers, it’s particularly useful because if you slide it onto your back, the zipper of the main compartment is shielded by your body, which offers an added degree of security. And because it fits securely against your body, it’s not going to swing around and hit the ground (or anyone near you) every time you crouch to get a better photo.
- Value: 9/10. Prices vary by size and fabric, but tend to not only be competitive with similar bags but also offer the added value of not creating the back problems that shoulder bags tend to create (or exacerbate).
- Portability: 10/10. The bag is lightweight and comfortable to wear for extended periods, and has organizational pockets that perfectly suit travel.
- Durability: 10/10. I had my last Ameribag for a decade—aside from some cosmetic wear, it remains as good as new. The latest version of the bag replaces Velcro closures with magnets and adds tablet- and phone-friendly interior pockets.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. Yes, its shape recalls a kidney; this is not a high-fashion bag. But it has clean, low-profile lines; comes in many different sizes and fabrics; and, when worn cross-body style, offers both security and ergonomic comfort.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.