Over the past few years, Amazon Prime Day has earned its ranking next to Black Friday and Cyber Monday as a top day for deals. On June 21st and 22nd, the e-commerce giant is holding its annual Prime Day sale, designed to attract people to sign up for Amazon Prime membership.
In case you’re unaware, here’s what Prime Members get for free year-round:
- Two-day shipping
- Same-day shipping (in eligible zip codes)
- Unlimited movie and TV streaming
- Unlimited, ad-free music streaming and offline access to playlists
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos
- Access to Prime Gaming
- Early access to flash sales
- Free monthly book download with Prime Reading
- Discounted on Audible membership
- Ability to purchase subscriptions to premium cable networks like STARZ and Showtime
- Prime Now deliveries (free two-hour delivery or scheduled delivery on select items)
- Free grocery delivery through Amazon Fresh (over a certain order threshold)
- In-store discounts at Whole Foods
Amazon will be having prime-member exclusive sales leading up to June 21st, as well as big sales on the day. So is it worth it to sign up now? Well, if you’re not already a Prime Member, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial now to get all of the deals. Travelers can start shopping now for deals on everything from 20 percent off Amazon Essentials grocery items to free virtual experiences, like a virtual tour of London or a wildlife ranch in Costa Rica, with promo code FREEFUN. You can check out our list of the best Prime Day deals for travelers here.
As a prime subscriber and frequent traveler, I think that a Prime membership is worth it for travelers. I love being able to order a last-minute item right before a trip and having it arrive in time. And the offline access of movies/shows/music/books really sets Amazon Prime apart from most other media subscriptions.
You Might Also Like:• Want to Move Abroad? 6 Countries Where You Can Buy Your Way In
• The 10 Best Luggage and Travel Gear Deals From the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
• Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
• The 10 Best Lake Vacation Destinations in the U.S.
• How to Plan a Serengeti Safari
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.