Albuquerque Things to Do
Along with the International Balloon Festival every year, Albuquerque offers visitors plenty of manmade and natural attractions.
- Old Town Plaza – Just west of Downtown is Old Town plaza, the heart of the old Albuquerque. Adobe-style buildings with shops and restaurants line the streets around Old Town Plaza.
- San Felipe de Neri Church – Built in 1793, this cathedral remains one of the oldest buildings in town.
- Capilla de Nostra Senora de Guadalupe – You won’t see any signs for this interesting, but tiny, cross-shaped chapel dedicated to the first saint of Mexico.
- Sandia Peak – Ride the world’s longest tramway up to Sandia Peak for stunning views. There are 2 restaurants – with great views – at the top.
- Volcanoes and Petroglyphs – On the western edge of town, check out two canyons covered with Native American Petroglyphs, carved between four-hundred and seven-hundred years ago. Be sure to stop at the Visitor’s Center first and get a map of the hiking trails.
- Balloon Fiesta – Thousands descend on Albuquerque the first week of October for the International Balloon Festival. Keep that in mind when planning a visit.
Arts and History
- Albuquerque Museum of Art and History – is a nice museum with the largest collection of Spanish colonial artifacts in the United States.
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Centre – Features a brief historical overview of the Pueblo world and a contemporary exhibit with original artwork and craftsmanship of each of the 19 Pueblos.
- The American International Rattlesnake Museum – Along with rattlesnakes they have lizards, tarantulas, and other snakes.
Editor’s Note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about things to do in Albuquerque.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Top Fares From
Today's Top Travel Deals
Brought to you by ShermansTravel
Colombia: Choose Your Length of Stay...
Indus Travelsvacation $505+
Wisconsin Dells Water Park Resort w/Meals,...
Rome to Istanbul: Luxe, 11-Night Mediterranean...
Oceania Cruisescruise $3999+