Airbnb is searching for 12 people to live in accommodations listed on Airbnb for one year. Inspired by the surge in long-term rentals last year due to remote working, Airbnb is hoping participants will help shape the future of long-term Airbnb rentals by launching their “Live Anywhere on Airbnb” program.
Airbnb is encouraging remote workers, creatives, empty nesters, staycationers, young families, and digital nomads to apply. Travel will take place during a 10 month period, likely beginning in September 2021. The 12 people chosen will be allowed up to 3 companions to accompany them on their journey.
Those chosen will be awarded between $12,000-$24,000 of Airbnb credit per 5 month period and $5,000-$12,000 in travel expenses and other transportation costs throughout the 10-month period. The amount given will be dependent on how many companions will be joining the participant. If a companion leaves, the amount will likely decrease.
Of course, it isn’t just a free ride. According to their Live Anywhere page, if chosen, you will be assisting Airbnb in shaping the “future of flexible travel” by informing them about:
- Product changes and resources that could help improve the long-term living experience on Airbnb
- Ideal types of accommodations for solo travelers or groups like families
- Better understanding of financial benefits of hosting while traveling
Applicants must have a valid passport, and be at least 18 years of age. Full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
CLICK HERE to apply. Applications are due by June 30, 2021.
You Might Also Like:• The Best Father’s Day Gifts for Travelers
• The Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the United States
• 6 Incredible Mother-Daughter Trips You’ll Always Treasure
• 9 Affordable, Under-the-Radar Beach Towns in America
• The 9 Cheapest Places to Fly This Summer 2022
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.