The usual sign-up bonus for the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature credit card is 40,000 points. Not bad for a no-annual-fee card linked to a top-tier hotel loyalty program.
When almost doubled, as it is here, that decent bonus becomes a real attention-getter.
For a limited time, the sign-up bonus for the card is 75,000 bonus points, after spending at least $2,000 within the first three months.
In addition to the card’s hefty sign-up bonus and no annual fee, the card features the following perks:
- Automatic Silver elite status
- Fast track to Gold (four stays within the first 90 days, or $20,000 in annual spend)
- 10,000-point bonus after spending at least $1,000 at Hilton
There’s no published end date to the increased bonus. It could be scaled back at any time.
Deal or No Deal
With free nights starting at 5,000 points, the bonus is good for 15 award nights at Category 1 hotels. Those would be mostly low-end Hampton Inns and Garden Inns, to be sure. But still: 15 free nights.
And did I mention that the card has no annual fee?
I recommend treating credit-card enrollments as long-term relationships, not as quickie points grabs. So first, ask yourself if a card linked to Hilton’s HHonors program makes sense as part of an ongoing travel strategy. If it does, this might be the right card, at the right time.
Reader Reality Check
Is there a place in your wallet for this card?
More from SmarterTravel:
- $35,000 for Unlimited Biz-Class Flights to London, Paris. Deal?
- Coming to a Chipotle Near You: Free Burritos
- Alaska Air Might Keep Virgin America Brand, Operations. Really?
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.