If you are looking for great food, nightclubs, and exciting downtown nightlife, don’t overlook Louisville. There’s more to Louisville than baseball bats and horse farms.
- Comedy Caravan features local and national comedians and serves bar-type food.
- The Vernon Club holds one of the country’s oldest bowling alleys and is really a neat place. They have a nice bar upstairs, and some great shows downstairs.
- Fourth Street Live is where the action is in Louisville. Check it out for dinner, drinks, or just people watching.
- The Hotel Galthouse isn’t really a hot spot, but a nice place to sample one of the world’s largest selections of bourbons.
- Dietrich’s on Frankfort is a popular place with a cabaret atmosphere and sidewalk seating.
- The Vernon Club is a bowling alley and a music venue. It holds one of the country’s oldest bowling alleys upstairs and a music venue downstairs.
- Phoenix Hill Tavern is in one of the city’s oldest buildings. They feature live music every weekend. If you visit just one nightclub in Louisville, make it this one.
- O’Malley’s Corner gets good bands in occasionally. The theme is country, and you can ride their mechanical bull, or just chill at the bar.
- Flannigan’s is a neat little Irish Pub that has outdoor seating and plenty of Irish beers on tap
- Bluegrass Brewing Company is a typical brewpub with a large bar and good pub food.
- O’Shea’s Traditional Irish Pub serves good food, has an excellent selection of beers, and music on the weekends.
- Jim Porters Coyotes has live music and ladies night every Wednesday.
Editor’s Note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about nightlife in Louisville.