What Is it: The HISY, a remote control for your smartphone’s camera.
- No more awkward angle selfies! With the HISY, you can set up your camera anywhere and take a group photo or a picture of yourself.
- No need to ask a stranger to use your phone to take a picture.
- Extremely easy to set up and use—it took me less than two minutes after taking it out of the package to get it working. Just turn it on and then synch to it via Bluetooth on your phone.
- Very small and lightweight (2.4 ounces.)
- Since this is a remote control, you don’t have to worry about setting a self timer and rushing to get in to the frame.
- Comes with a headphone jack attachment to hang the HISY from your phone, so that you always have it with you.
- Compatible with a number of photography apps, like Snapseed and Camera360 Ultimate.
- Long battery life—according to HISY, the power supply will last for two years if you were to take 100 pictures a day.
- Can be used for photos or videos.
- Only compatible with apple devices that are iOS 7.0 or later. (Not compatible with Android.)
- You can only synch the HISY to one device at a time.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you travel alone, hate being left out of group shots, or don’t trust a stranger to take your photos, the HISY is perfect for getting pictures of yourself either from near or far.
- Portability: 10/10. The device is just over an inch in diameter and about half an inch thick, plus it weighs less than 2.5 ounces. The HISY will easily fit in the pocket of even the skinniest of jeans.
- Value: 9/10. $25 (current Amazon price, or $26.99 if you buy directly from HISY) for the stand and remote is the best deal. This is a great price point for a device that works this well.
- Durability: 6/10. Treat the HISY with the same care you’d treat your smartphone, and you’ll be fine. If you got it wet or dropped it on to a hard surface, it might break.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. You’ll look way cooler than the people struggling to take selfies without a remote!.
Final Verdict: If you have an iPhone or iPad and love taking pictures of yourself, the HISY is the perfect product for you, at an unbeatable price point.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.