What Is it: Lulu Organics Hair Powder, a dry shampoo.
Price and Where to Buy: $10 at Amazon.
Pros: Dry shampoo is perfect for traveling—it’s a powder, not a liquid, so it’s not subject to the 3-1-1 rule if you pack it in your carry-on, and leaks are much less of a disaster than with regular shampoo. Plus, a little bit of dry shampoo lasts a long time, so you can pack less of it.
We love that the Lulu Organics comes in a powder form, and not in a spray-on aerosol like most dry shampoos. It’s easier to control how much you’re using, and where exactly you’re applying.
The hair powder brushed out and blended in easily, and refreshed dirty hair. (The hair powder soaks up odors and grease to make your hair look washed even on days when you don’t have time to wash and style—perfect for busy travelers!)
Dry shampoo is more of a one day stopgap than a replacement for your regular shampoo routine, but this is great for camping trips, or busy vacations when you just don’t have time for to wash your hair. The lavender scent smelled delicious as well.
We also appreciated that this product is certified organic and made in the USA.
Cons: The scent is really strong in the packaging—even when the container is closed, you can still smell it. However, it doesn’t smell as powerful when you use it in your hair—it’s not overwhelming in small doses.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Don’t judge us for not washing our hair with shampoo and water every day (that’s actually bad for your hair.) Dry shampoo is a time, hair-health, and 3-1-1 liquid allowance saver!
- Portability: 9/10. The travel-sized container is just 1 oz. and weighs around 0.5 oz., so it’s great for travel. We would toss this in a Ziplock bag though, to contain any spills, as the top is just a shaker.
- Value: 7/10. $10 is within the mid to low price range for dry shampoos, but you only get 1 oz. of product with this.
- Durability: 10/10. The container is well-made and will last you for as long as the product inside lasts.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The packaging is very trendy and arty, but we’re not sure that dry shampoo will ever be called “cool.”
Final Verdict: If you’re willing to try dry shampoo, the Lulu Organics Hair Powder definitely beats out the aerosol drugstore brands—it’s a worthy addition to our carry-ons.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
(Photo: Lulu Organics)