Toast the first day of the last month of the year with a pina colada on the beach. December 1 marks the end of hurricane season in the Caribbean and Florida, but it takes a few weeks for the crowds to catch on.
In fact, the first part of December presents a golden opportunity for bargain-seeking beachgoers between the end of hurricane season and the start of the higher priced holidays. And since the rest of winter is peak travel season in many parts of the Caribbean and Florida, this really is a sweet spot between seasons, one that allows travelers to dodge both big storms and high prices.
Here are a few examples of the sorts of deals you can expect to find in the first half of December:
- Vision Airlines and eight Grand Bahama Island hotels have teamed up to offer a deal on three-night vacation packages booked by December 11 for travel through December 19. Airfares from $1 per person, each way (plus taxes and fees) are available from Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
- Many of St. Lucia’s current crop of hotel deals are for travel through mid-December. For instance, save up to 50 percent at the Bay Gardens Hotel, with rates from $70 plus free breakfast through December 19; or get a fourth night free at the Fond Doux Holiday Plantation through December 15.
- Over on Aruba, pre-holiday December specials include up to 40 percent off published rates at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort through December 23. Plus children 17 and under stay free.
Which Caribbean island is next on your list?
You might also like:
- Escape the Chill: JetBlue January and February Flights from $34 O/W
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Winter
- World’s Most Secret Islands