Though most people head home for the holidays, plenty use the Thanksgiving holiday as a vacation opportunity. Lucky for them there are many discounts out there to make the offerings even more palatable.
I’ve been collecting deals for the last couple of weeks to offer you the following feast of possibilities:
- CheapOAir has a cornucopia (sorry) of Thanksgiving airfare and hotel deals, plus a $10-off coupon. Sample deals include New York to London round-trip from $377, or Los Angeles to Honolulu from $465 round-trip.
- Go-Today.com has a number of Thanksgiving in Europe air-and-hotel packages, including six nights in Prague from $599, Rome from $649, or Paris from $699.
- At Velas All-Inclusive Resorts in Mexico (Riviera Maya, Riviera Nayarit, and Puerto Vallarta), stay three nights, and get a free night and Thanksgiving dinner. Rates start at $190 per person, per night.
- At the Auberge Mendocino on Northern California’s Mendocino Coast, stay for four nights between November 25 and November 29 and get 20 percent off each night. Stay three nights at take 10 percent off.
- In Connecticut, the Captain Stannard House Country Inn in Westbrook has an offer suited to large groups. Reserve six to nine guest rooms and get the third night at half price, plus a full Thanksgiving dinner for $20 per person.
- At the Naples Grande Beach Resort in Florida, the Naples Thanksgiving Family Package includes free accommodations for two kids 17 and younger, free activities for kids, and other discounts and perks from $149 per night for stays November 22 through 30.
- At Lake Powell in Arizona, the Bird on a Boat package includes a discounted five-day, four-night houseboat rental and a complete Thanksgiving dinner. Rates start at $1,850 for a boat that sleeps eight to 10 people.
- Many hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, are offering Thanksgiving discounts and packages. For instance, the Three Night Stress Free Thanksgiving Special at the Springmaid Beach Resort includes three nights’ accommodations, daily breakfast, either traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday or tickets to the Friday Seafood Feast and a Friday night show at a local theater for $167 per person. The Thanksgiving Getaway package at Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort includes three nights’ accommodations for two, Thanksgiving dinner, a “low-country oyster roast,” and breakfast for $199.
Does a Thanksgiving getaway appeal to you? Or do you prefer the tradition of heading home for the holidays?