Over the last few weeks, I’ve been collecting promotions featuring free or discounted airfare. Providers offering these deals include airlines, tour operators, cruise lines, hotels, and even destinations.
Here’s my list. Have you seen more? Share it with other readers in the comments section below.
- Disneyland on Alaska Airlines: Alaska is running a Kids Fly Free promotion for air-and-hotel vacation packages booked by May 17 for travel completed by June 17. One child under 11 can fly with each paying adult. Alaska is showing air-and-four-night packages from $645 from Flagstaff or $718 from Seattle.
- Los Cabos, Mexico: Los Cabos’ Fly Me to the Sun promotion offers guests a $400-per-room credit (meant to subsidize the cost of getting there). The deal runs through December 31, and is available through more than 20 area hotels. For more details, look for “Special Promotions” in the right sidebar.
- Barbados: I recently wrote a post about Barbados deals, including a $200 air credit, first-night free, daily breakfast, and more through the Barbados Tourism Authority’s Best of Barbados offer.
- Nassau, Bahamas: Book a three-night-or-longer air-inclusive vacation to Nassau Paradise Island by April 6 (for travel through December 15) and receive a $200 air credit. To get the credit, you need to fill out and send in a rebate form. Visitors get one air credit per room, with a maximum of two rooms per person.
- Ceiba del Mar: The Ceiba del Mar Beach & Spa Resort has an Air Ticket Bonus Special offering a $500 credit towards your airfare deducted from your final bill when you book a six-day, five-night Ocean View Master Suite. Also included in the deal are two massages, daily breakfast, fitness classes, and other perks. Two children under 12 can stay and eat free. Rates start at $2,989 per couple.
- Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT): OAT has a free air offer from 23 U.S. departure cities for Asia and Africa tours booked by March 31. Many of the tours are available at a discounted price, and there are also free single supplements.
- MSC Cruises: Luxury cruise line MSC has a “Yacht Club Free Air promotion” on seven-night European cruises on the MSC Fantasia or MSC Splendida. Fly from any of eight U.S. departure cities and book a “Yacht Club” suite by April 30, and get free airfare. Cruise prices start at $3,870 per person, so this isn’t really an offer useful to most budget travelers. However, MSC does seem to have seven-night Caribbean cruises from $499. Just not in a “Yacht Club” suite.
- Uniworld River Cruises: Uniworld Boutique River Cruises has a two-for-one air offer on all of its 2009 Europe, Russia, and Egypt river cruises. Book by March 31 to receive a free companion air ticket for international economy class. You’ll still have to pay the taxes and fees on the ticket though. The offer can be combined with the Spring Savings sale for further discounts.