We hope whoever stole the patron St. of Dublin's heart isn't hiding it under their floorboards! Beyond stolen Saint's hearts, this week in travel brought us drunken, fighting, and grooming passengers, and angry flight attendants. Read on for this week in weird travel stories.
- Someone was either late for Valentine's Day or early for St. Patrick's Day, but either way, the thief who stole St. Laurence O'Toole's preserved heart from Dublin's Christ Church cathedral clearly had no qualms about stealing from a church. The thief clearly had his or her heart set on the item, as nothing else was stolen from the church.
- Speaking of stealing our hearts, Love Actually was not all around on a British Airways flight this week. Colin Firth was aboard a plane when a mid-air fight broke out between passengers, surprisingly over a theft, and not over the actor. Since this was real life, and not a romantic comedy, Firth did not jump in and save the day, and police had to sort the matter out themselves once on the ground.
- Anchors away! One very determined drunk must have wanted the cruise ship to stop moving so much. Rick Ehlert will be serving time and paying a fine after releasing the anchor on the cruise ship he was a passenger on ... while it was sailing. He admitted to being drunk during the act.
- Is this the most annoying passenger ever? Jeanie Daniels was flying from Los Angeles (shocker) to Houston on Southwest, when she decided an enclosed space surrounded by strangers, would be the best place to paint her nails. The clueless Daniels reportedly said, "I thought it was all going well until the attendant came over and was very upset I was painting my nails, saying it was offending everyone around me." Daniels took her mobile salon to the bathroom to finish the job, but then got into an argument with flight attendants, and was subsequently arrested once the plane landed. We hope whatever color she chose matched her orange jumpsuit!
- What year is this? Asiana Airlines flight attendants are taking a complaint about their uniforms all the way to the National Human Rights Commission. The flight attendants reportedly resent having to follow rules such as: no pants allowed (skirts only), no glasses, no more than two bobby pins in the hair, and nails must always be manicured.
Did you see anything weird during your travels this week? Leave a comment below!