What Is it: The Keds Crashback Shoe.
Price and Where to Buy: Starts at $19.99 on Amazon.
- Slip on style is perfect for travel—easy to take on and off for security checks
- Canvas upper dries quickly and is lightweight for packing
- Crashback back panel collapses, so that you can wear the shoe as two different styles
- Comfortable, cushioned insole lets you walk long distances in these
- Rubber sole helps you keep your balance on slippery streets
- Low profile makes these shoes much more fashionable than walking shoes
- The Crashbacks seem to run a little small. If you’re between sizes, be sure to size up when ordering.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Until we’re allowed to keep our shoes on in the airport security line, we’ll be sticking with slip-off shoes for travel. The Crashbacks are comfortable and a snap to put on and off. Plus, they’re lightweight and easy to pack.
- Value: 7/10. The $50 listed price is mid-range for a slip-on shoe, but you can find them on sale for as low as $19.99. Plus, the Keds brand is a very reliable one, and you can wear the Crashbacks in two different styles, so you can almost think of them as two pairs of shoes for the price of one.
- Durability: 10/10. The shoes can be wiped down and air dried to keep clean. The Crashbacks are solidly made, and will last for a long time.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Chose from black, navy, grey, red, or white—these are some seriously stylish shoes that will pair will with everything from jeans to a dress.
Final Verdict: Looking for casual shoes that you can wear with pretty much anything in your suitcase? The Crashbacks fit the bill, plus have the added bonus of being comfortable enough for lots of walking. Best of all, they’re small enough that they won’t be a burden to pack if you decide not to wear them on the plane.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.