What Is it: The Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Compression Cube Set.
- The packing cubes keep your stuff organized and easy to find in your suitcase.
- The compression aspect creates more space in your luggage.
- The different sizes in the packs are great for storing everything from pants to socks.
- Very lightweight (all three weigh less than 2.2 ounces—combined.)
- The nylon material is water and stain-resistant.
- Even the white cubes are too opaque to see through—these would be better as clear cubes so you can easily see what’s in each bag.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. Normally, I’m not a huge fan of packing cubes, as they seem to take up more space than just rolling your clothes. However, after carefully packing all my clothing, my organized suitcase quickly turns into a mess after I have to dig through it to find a pair of socks. The Eagle Creek Specter Cubes were the perfect solution to my problems—the compression aspect really worked. I packed a carry-on for a recent trip and had trouble closing my bag. Then I repacked by rolling all my clothes and putting them into three different cubes, and suddenly, I had plenty of room in my luggage. Plus, being able to keep all my shirts in one bag and pants in another, really helped me to stay organized.
- Portability: 10/10. These really did compress clothing and created more space in my bag! I love that they are super lightweight as well.
- Value: 8/10. The price is a little high at around $12 per cube, but since you’re getting a packing cube and compression bag in one, I’d say it’s worth it.
- Durability: 10/10. The zipper and fabric held up great, even though I stuffed the cubes to full capacity.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Organization is cool!
Final Verdict: The Eagle Creek Spector Cubes made me a compression bag/packing cube convert, and I can’t tell you how much of a difference it made in staying organized on a recent trip. I highly recommend these, even if you’re wary of traditional packing cubes!
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo: Eagle Creek)
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.