Hardside spinners are the workhorses of carry-on bags, offering protection and plenty of space. But, they don’t have a reputation for being light. GeniusPack’s Aerial Hardside Spinner, however, delivers the ease of a lightweight carry-on bag in a hardside suitcase—and it looks as sleek as it feels when you’re wheeling through the airport.
GeniusPack Aerial Hardside Spinner Review
How the GeniusPack Aerial Hardside Spinner Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. This bag meets carry-on size requirements at 21.5 inches tall, 14 inches wide, and nine inches deep. It has a permanent packing guide inside, plus labeled mesh pockets for must-haves like chargers, socks, and undergarments—with extra room for miscellaneous items. A spacious laundry compartment at the front zips away to separate your dirty clothes completely from the larger main compartment, which has packing straps. It’s the most organized suitcase I’ve seen, and the checklist is a nice touch for those who pack in a hurry.
- Value: 8/10. Some frugal travelers might think $180 is a bit steep, but this bag has a five-year warranty and is significantly cheaper than other hardside spinners, which can easily cost over $200. It’s the only carry-on you’ll need, and can save you hundreds in checked bag fees if you use it in lieu of a bigger suitcase—a feat I’d recommend since it has plenty of packing space for weekend or even week-long trips.
- Portability: 10/10. Four 360-degree wheels and an aluminum telescoping handle make for super smooth rolling, and the GeniusPack Aerial Hardside Spinner weighs just over six pounds, making it among the lightest carry-on suitcases on the market. It’s the easiest time I’ve had navigating an airport with a wheeled carry-on bag, which I usually skip in favor of a backpack or shoulder bag so I can get around faster. This carry-on could put an end to my carry-only habit and make my shoulders happy.
- Durability: 9/10. Hardside spinners are about as durable as suitcases get, and this carry-on includes reinforced impact-resistant corners. The black plastic seems to scratch easier than I thought it would, but handling it yourself means you can avoid most damage.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The hardside material comes in sleek black and white options that make you look like a jet-setter, and the four wheels make it super easy to hustle through the terminal. This bag feels as cool as it looks.
Final Verdict: This GeniusPack made me a believer in hardside spinners, which I had written off (especially as a carry-on) for their weight. This is the most nimble spinner I’ve handled, however, and will replace my worn out carry-on backpack for good.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.
More from SmarterTravel: