Got status with JetBlue? If so, drinks are on the house. Or one drink is, for a limited time.
During July and August, JetBlue passengers with Mosaic status are entitled to one free alcoholic beverage during any flights on which such drinks are served.
At the risk of looking a gift Martini in the mouth, this limited-time perk seems as likely to call attention to the paucity of JetBlue’s elite benefits as it is to elicit waves of gratitude.
Here’s what you get for earning 15,000 base flight points, or completing 30 flight segments and earning at least 12,000 base flight points, in a calendar year:
- Free second checked bag for everyone flying on the member’s reservation (first bag is already free)
- Expedited security clearance at 36 airports for everyone flying on the member’s reservation
- Priority boarding for everyone flying on the member’s reservation
- Ability to redeem TrueBlue points for Even More Space seats
- Access to a dedicated 24/7 customer service line
- Three bonus points per dollar spent for a total of nine points per dollar when booking on jetblue.com
As elite perks go, those are pretty weak. A free drink for two months is a nice gesture. But why not make that free drink a permanent elite perk? In fact, why not make it two free drinks?
That’s something loyal JetBlue customers could raise a glass to.
Reader Reality Check
Does JetBlue’s elite program need an upgrade?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.
We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.