I’ve searched for a while to find a daypack that also serves as a sizeable personal item, and the LifeProof Squamish Backpack is it. With numerous (but not overwhelming) pockets and elements like a laptop sleeve and a padded back, the LifeProof Squamish Backpack can go seamlessly from airport to trail. Made by the trusted phone case company LifeProof, the bag offers you peace of mind when it comes to quality materials.
LifeProof Squamish Backpack Review:
Price and Where to Buy: $140 on LifeProof’s website.
How the LifeProof Squamish Backpack Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. If you’re looking for one pack that can serve as your personal item and also hit the trails with you, the Squamish is it. It’s extremely roomy, while also being organized and supportive.
- Value: 8/10. The price is comparable to other weather-resistant utility packs. Its multi-use ability and thoughtful features—like dual water bottle pockets, a tech pocket, and an expandable front cinch pocket—make it a worthwhile investment.
- Durability and Portability: 10/10. The water-repellent fabric sheds rain and is also lightweight. At 20 liters, it also holds a 13-inch laptop and a three-liter hydration reservoir.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. While the design style is more athletic, the grey and black colors are sleek and blend in with any outfit or style.
Final Verdict: Great for any type of trip, the new line of backpacks from LifeProof holds up and provides styles both commuters and outdoor adventurers will appreciate. Other backpacks range in size from 18 to 32 liters and are priced starting at $100.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 10 Camera Accessories That Will Make You a Better Travel Photographer
- 11 RFID-Blocking Travel Items That Won’t Make You Look Like a Tourist
- 6 Hybrid Duffel Backpacks That Will Change the Way You Pack
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.