Cozy or waterproof isn’t an either-or proposition with Free Country’s Ectad Reversible Jacket. The anorak-style jacket features a water (and wind) resistant shell on one side and an extremely soft fleece on the other.
Free Country Women’s Ectad Reversible Jacket Review:
Price and Where to Buy: The Free Country Women’s Ectad Reversible Jacket is available for $100 at FreeCountry.com.
How the Ectad Reversible Jacket Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. There’s no either-or with this jacket. It’s warm, effectively water and wind-resistant, and the butter pile fleece is just about the softest thing imaginable. It’s also reversible for nice variety—though wearing it fleece-side out means you won’t have the super-soft lining warming you.
- Value: 9/10. Even at the original price of $100, this jacket offers solid value. At press time, Free Country was offering the jacket for half off, or $50.
- Durability: 9/10. This jacket has sturdy seams, is machine washable, and the zippers on the external pockets zipped easily, even when the pockets were full.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. With side tabs to give the jacket a more form-flattering fit, and the dual offerings of cozy and protective, this jacket is a cool way to make the most of outdoor time in inclement weather.
Final Verdict: Better than a rain jacket or a fleece, it’s a rain jacket and a fleece, brought together in a single, form-flattering package.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The One Winter Travel Accessory You Should Pack
- 7 Hybrid Duffel Backpacks That Will Change the Way You Back
- Lightweight Shoes Perfect for Packing
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.