Titisee Things to Do
The lake, located in the southern Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg, is the main attraction in Titisee. If it’s outdoor recreation you’re looking for, you’ll find there are plenty of things to do.
When You Arrive
Upon your arrival in Titisee, if you visit the information office they’ll share materials about the village and whole Black Forest region. This information will help you decide and plan what you want to do.
Fun at the Lake
Titisee Lake is beautiful and there are several enjoyable things to do here. Being the highest lake in the Black Forest, there are spectacular views. The Seestrasse is a pedestrian area between the souvenir shops and the lake. The street is very pleasant, despite the hordes of tourists. Walking is a popular activity here and it’s nice to take a leisurely walk alongside the lake. There are plenty of places to stop for refreshments along the way. Other things you can do include:
- Hiking – There is a very popular trail that circles the lake. It takes about an hour or two.
- Camping – The campsites also draw visitiors, there are plenty of caravans and tents.
- Boating – If you want to rent a boat, there are plenty of options including paddleboats, rowboats and little car-shaped boats with slides.
- Tour by boat – If you don’t want to do the navigating yourself, there are a couple of companies offering boat tours of the lake; they last about 30 minutes.
- Swimming – You can do this off the trail, at the campsite or at the large swimming park.
If you’re not looking for too much physical activity, you can always simply sit and enjoy your surroundings.
Winter in Titisee
Did you know the lake at Titisee is a haven for winter sports fans? You can go ice skating (in specifically marked areas). Additionally, there is cross-country skiing, alpine skiing, tobogganing and ski-jumping. The Hochfirstschanze in Titisee Neustadt is Germany’s largest natural ski-jump and was home to the world championships in 2005.
At any time of year if you take some time to walk around the village and wander into the smaller side streets, you might also find some of the best hidden gems.
Editor’s Note: The information contained on this page was compiled using real traveler reviews about things to do in Titisee.