What Is it: The Jackery Leaf iPhone Charger Case, which protects and powers your smartphone.
Price and Where to Buy: $30 on Amazon.
- Compatible with iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S
- LED light changes color to show you charging status at a glance
- Charges fast by using the built-in Apple Lightening Connector
- A full charge can give your iPhone up to 110 hours of extra operating time
- Comes with interchangeable orange and white cases
- Easy to use—just slide your phone in and out of the case
- Case only protects the back of your phone—the front screen is left exposed
- Somewhat bulky (weighs 3.4 ounces)
- Only for newer iPhone models
- Case cannot be charged using your regular iPhone charger—you’ll need to use the (included) USB charger
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. Smartphones seem to die even faster when you’re using them on the road to take pictures and videos. This case will buy you some extra time away from a power outlet.
- Portability: 8/10. It’s nice that this charger is built in to the case, so you don’t have to carry a separate battery, but the case adds thickness and weight. (It is 5.4 inches x 2.4 inches x 0.7 inches and weighs 3.4 ounces.)
- Value: 7/10. The case is $30 on Amazon, which is average for a rechargeable case.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. The sleek white case looks great if you have a white iPhone.
Final Verdict: Selfies and travel apps draining your phone’s battery? Use the Jackery Leaf while you travel and never be stranded without a charge again.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.