What Is it: The GoGo Pillow, a tablet holder, neck pillow, and backpack that you may have seen advertised on a late-night infomercial.
Price and Where to Buy: $21.95 on Amazon or $19.95 plus $9.95 shipping and handling on GoGoPillow.com. The GoGo Pillow website is running a “buy one, get one free” promotion, but note that you will have to pay an extra $9.95 shipping for the “free” pillow.
- The cover is made out of a very comfortable, plush polyester material.
- It holds tablets of various sizes (we tested with a Kindle Fire.)
- Easy to flip between using this as a neck pillow, backpack, and table holder, which is nice for travel. Use it to hold up your tablet while you read or watch a video, and then convert it to a neck pillow for a nap.
- You can use the straps to mount your tablet on a seat-back for easy video watching.
- Works well as a tablet stand to prop your tablet at a comfortable angle when you’re lying down.
- Using the GoGo Pillow as a backpack would look ridiculous on anyone except a small child—it’s small and awkward to wear as an adult, and it doesn’t hold much beyond a tablet.
- Sometimes the pillow doesn’t stand up well on its own—it works better when it is leaning against something.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 7/10. Would be most useful for children and for car travel, as well as lounging around at home.
- Portability: 6/10. The backpack idea is a good one, but wearing this as a backpack doesn’t work that well in reality. It is the size of a standard neck pillow, and would take up your entire tray table on a plane if you were using it as a tablet stand. The GoGo Pillow is 12 x 3 x 12 inches and 3 lbs.
- Value: 9/10. $22 is a great deal for a neck pillow and a tablet stand, but be careful of those extra shipping charges if you buy directly from the GoGo Pillow’s website.
- Durability: 10/10. The GoGo Pillow is well-made and can be hand-washed.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. It’s pretty cool that this converts from a neck pillow to a tablet stand, but we wouldn’t call the mini-backpack cool.
Final Verdict: If you like to travel with a neck pillow and a tablet stand, this product can fulfill both needs, and the plush cover makes it very comfortable.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Photo: GoGo Pillow)