What Is It: New Trent iCarrier High Capacity Dual USB Portable Power Pack, a portable power source for all your electronics.
Price and Where to Buy: On sale for $54.95 at Amazon.
Pros: If it runs on electricity, chances are it’s compatible with the iCarrier. (It can charge Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Blackberry, and Motorola phones—click here for full list; plus a number of tablets, game consoles, MP3 players, and cameras.) You can charge up to two devices at once, and the iCarrier charges devices up to six times on one original charge. It’s guaranteed to last up to 500 charges and is easy to use—simply plug in and go. It only takes around 10 hours to charge the iCarrier fully.
Cons: The iCarrier is fairly heavy, and will add about 2 lbs. to your pack.
How It Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. If you rely on a smartphone, tablet, or digital camera when traveling, but drain your battery life fast, the iCarrier gives your device new life.
- Portability: 7/10. The iCarrier is fairly compact (3.9″ x 3.6″ x 1.1″) and lightweight (about 2 lbs), but still adds noticeable heft to a day-bag.
- Value: 10/10. A portable power pack for under $55 that is guaranteed to work for at least 500 charges is a great deal.
- Durability: 10/10. It’s built well, and has a fingerprint-resistant finish, to keep it looking clean.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. The design is sleek and shiny and compact, and you’ll be popular if you pull this out when the power’s out.
Final Verdict: If you use can’t detach from your electronics while traveling, you need the iCarrier!
(Photo: New Trent)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.