We love the Scottevest clothing line for traveling hands and bag-free, and for protecting our valuables. Now, we’re even more confident in our recommendation, since Scottevest has announced that they will reimburse customers up to $1,000 for any valuables pick-pocketed out of a Scottevest Travel or Classic Vest, Tropiformer Jacket, Fleece 5.0, Fleece 7.0, Transformer Jacket, Trench, Penny Coat, Standard Jacket, Revolution Jacket, or Revolution Plus Jacket.
Sound too good to be true? Well, the reimbursement process isn’t exactly easy. Here’s the rules you’ll have to follow to get your money back:
- Scottevest clothing must have been purchased on or after June 1, 2013 and you have to have proof of purchase.
- The Scottevest must have been bought directly from the company or an authorized reseller. If purchased from an authorized reseller, you may have to complete a registration form within 60 days of purchase.
- You must provide an official police report with an itemized list of stolen items and values, and the report must mention the Scottevest item of clothing by name. The police report must be filed immediately after the crime, and sent to Scottevest within 10 days of the incident.
- Guarantee only applies to pickpocketing, not muggings or robbery.
- You have to give a signed, sworn statement that items were pick-pocketed from a zippered interior pocket.
- If you have other insurance (including travel insurance), you have to file a claim through them, and Scottevest will only pay for what is not covered by the insurance and deductibles.
- If you make more than two claims in 12 months, you may lose coverage under this guarantee.
When it comes to petty pickpocketing crimes, sometimes it might not be worth hunting down the police, filing a report, obtaining a copy, and sending it in. But if you lose something really valuable, this could be worth it. If nothing else, the guarantee should give you confidence in buying the Scottevest clothing, as the company is so confident that its products are pickpocket-proof.
Does this make you want to try a Scottevest? Tell us why or why not in the comments!
You Might Also Like:
- Europe with Just a Carry-on Bag and No Purse (It Can Be Done!)
- Seven Best Travel Clothes to Wear on the Road
- This Travel Vest Could Replace Your Carry-on Bag