Got Alaska Airlines frequent flyer miles?
If so, you may have been awaiting the announcement of a start date and publication of the prices for award flights on Mileage Plan partner, Emirates.
Emirates has been a Mileage Plan earning partner since early last year, but award flights were not immediately made available.
Beginning January 16, Mileage Plan members can redeem their miles for Emirates flights as follows:
- N. America to India/Middle East in coach: 85,000 miles
- N. America to India/Middle East in business: 145,000 miles
- N. America to India/Middle East in first: 180,000 miles
- N. America to Africa in coach: 95,000 miles
- N. America to Africa in business: 155,000 miles
- N. America to Africa in first: 200,000 miles
- N. America to Asia in coach: 105,000 miles
- N. America to Asia in business: 150,000 miles
- N. America to Asia in first: 200,000 miles
All awards are priced on a round-trip basis as Alaska still does not offer one-way award flights on partner carriers.
The award prices are on the high side, but not egregiously so. For example, a first-class award flight to India or the Middle East can be had for 140,000 miles on Cathay Pacific, versus 180,000 on Emirates.
Still, Emirates is a high-quality carrier, and the option to use Mileage Plan miles for Emirates award flights is a nice feather in the cap of Alaska’s loyalty program.
Reader Reality Check
Free flights on Emirates, anyone?
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.