In an odd twist, we actually feel sorry for TSA workers this week. Well, except for the one agent who got caught running a prostitution ring.
- Hands down, this is probably the weirdest thing ever found in luggage—the AP reports that customs agents discovered two human fetuses in luggage at Miami International Airport. Two Cuban-American women were flying back from Havana with the two fetuses in clay jars.
- Would you rather open a bag of fetuses, or a bag that smelled so bad you had to go to the hospital? TSA workers at Boston’s Logan airport got the second option, reports The Washington Post. The bag apparently contained rodent repellant, and the fumes sent four workers to the hospital..
- It stinks (literally) to be the airport workers in the first two stories, but we don’t feel bad at all for this TSA Agent: The Daily Mail reports that a TSA agent was arrested while working at Dulles Airport for allegedly running a prostitution ring out of hotels. Shockingly, this isn’t the agent’s first time at the prostitution rodeo—a complaint was filed against the agent in 2009 for allegedly charging people $25 for sexual acts.
- Just a thought, but maybe if you need the police to control your children, they’re not ready to be on a plane (or out in public)? The Huffington Post reports that Alaska Airlines crew had to call the Port of Portland police to meet their flight after two kids (aged three and eight) disobeyed instructions and would not stay in their seats or buckle their seat belts. The police apparently gave the family a lecture and the family was allowed to make their connecting flight.
- Beaches all look the same, right? Generic sand, rocks, water, etc. … We imagine that’s what the advertising agency hired to promote France thought when they picked a stock photo of Llandudno, South Africa, to illustrate their campaign. The Daily Mail reports that the French Tourism Board used two images from the wrong country on tourism posters designed to lure British tourists over to France during the Olympics. So if you found yourself on the tube dreaming of South Africa without quite knowing why, now you do!
Did you see anything weird during your travels this week? Leave a comment below!