Aloha deals! Hawaii is honoring its 50th anniversary of statehood this year, but the continued economic crisis means there aren’t as many visitors as usual to help celebrate. Fewer visitors mean more discounts. I found a gaggle of 50th anniversary themed deals, though they’re certainly not the only offers to be found. In fact, every hotel and resort I checked had other sales as well.
Here are some of the 50th anniversary deals I came across:
- Destination Resorts Hawaii on Maui is celebrating with 50 percent off rooms. Rates start at $138 per night for studios and one-bedroom condos.
- Marriott’s Hawaii Five-0 package includes a fourth night free, room upgrade, up to $75 resort credit, daily breakfast for two, and more. The offer is available at Marriott resorts on the Big Island, Kauai, Maui, and Oahu. Package rates start at $359 per night.
- Aqua Hotels & Resorts’ 12 Waikiki hotels are offering a Nifty to be Fifty Statehood Special through December 30. You’ll pay $50 for the first night with a minimum three-night stay. Additional nights start at $119 for boutique hotels and $89 per night at budget properties. Guests 50 or older receive a free amenity, and 30-minute spa treatments are available for $50.
- The Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki on Oahu has a Spring into Summer package to celebrate Hawaii’s 50th anniversary, with rates ranging from $179 to $239 per night for an oceanfront room plus daily $50 resort credit. The package is available through September 30.
- At Hilton resorts on the Big Island, Maui, and Oahu, the Big Five-0 package offers a 5th night for $50 and a $50 resort credit to use for dining, spa treatments, or beach craft rentals.
Have you found a good deal in Hawaii recently? Share it with other readers below. (But not before you’ve locked in a reservation at the good price!)