It’s not too late to make Fourth of July travel plans. In fact, you can find last-minute specials that offer substantial savings for holiday travel.
The online travel agencies are advertising last-minute sales like crazy. For instance, CheapOair has Fourth of July deals with last-minute airfare under $100 each way and hotel stays under $99 per night. Expedia is having its biggest hotel sale ever, including discounts on last-minute rates. Orbitz is also running a summer hotel sale, with discounts such as 50 percent off at Caribbean resorts and 40 percent off hotels in Europe. And, Travelocity is advertising last-minute air-and-hotel packages under $250.
Here are some more destination and hotel deals I’ve found for the 4th:
- Mexico and the Caribbean: Club Med has last-minute seven-night deals to Mexico and other last-minute deals to the Caribbean. At the Cancun Yucatan and the Ixtapa Pacific, seven nights are on sale for $799 for adults and $420 for children. Discounts on shorter stays are also available.
- Norfolk, Virginia: Free and open to the public, the three-day Harborfest in Norfolk, Virginia on July 3, 4, and 5 will feature more than 700 boats, sailing demonstrations, art shows, theater performances, and musical events. Save on accommodations with the Sail into Savings promotion, which offers discounts on attractions with an overnight stay at a participating hotel.
- Los Angeles: Santa Monica is celebrating the Fourth of July with a parade and sunshine. Hotel sales and dining discounts are available for the holiday and throughout the rest of summer.
- New York City: Stylish boutique hotel Flatotel is offering one-bedroom suites with views of the New York Fourth of July fireworks celebration for $285. The non-discounted rate available online is $381, so the promotion savings are significant. To book the package, call the hotel and mention the “Flatotel Fourth of July Special.” And on July Fourth, the crown of the Statue of Liberty will reopen to visitors. Reservations can be made through Statue Cruises.
- Philadelphia: BedandBreakfast.com is offering $50 off B&B stays in Philadelphia through July 6 with promo code PHILLY50.
- Denver: The 1776 Independence Day Package at the Warwick Denver Hotel includes accommodations for two, a Fourth of July barbeque or a poolside cookout on July 5, drinks, and late check-out for $109 per night. The package is available on July 3, 4, and 5.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Myrtle Beach has July Fourth accommodations packages that offer discounts and added value to stays. For instance at Elliott Beach Rentals, guests will save 40 percent off last-minute oceanfront vacation rental rates, and at the Holiday Sands South, guests staying four nights receive attraction tickets.
- Bradford, New Hampshire: The Rosewood Country Inn in Bradford, New Hampshire, has a Fourth of July package available from July 3 to 5. Packages start at $238 (depending on the room) and include two nights’ accommodations, daily three-course breakfast, wine and hors d’oeuvres on Friday and a barbeque on Saturday.
- Stowe, Vermont: Stowe has lodging specials and a full day of old fashioned fun lined up for the Fourth of July. A bike parade, mountain bike tours, downtown festival, and fireworks are all part of the day.
What have you got planned for the Fourth?
(Editor’s Note: SmarterTravel is a member of the TripAdvisor Media Network, an operating company of Expedia, Inc. Expedia, Inc. also owns Expedia.com.)