Popular Wyoming DestinationsSee all 181
Wyoming Travel GuideWhen to visit Wyoming
The most popular time to visit Wyoming is June through August, when the kids are out of school, special events such as rodeos occur, and it's prime time for river rafting, hiking, mountain biking, wildlife viewing, and other outdoor activities. November through March is the least popular time, as the weather is unpredictable and many top attractions such as Yellowstone are either closed or not easily accessible. Spring and fall can be ideal times to visit with a good mix of pleasant weather, available activities, fewer crowds, and reduced prices.
Editors' Picks: Wyoming DealsSee All Wyoming Travel Deals
Ski Free in Wyoming
It looks like that season pass you bought this year is really going to pay off! Travelers holding season passes to any ski resort can hit the slopes for free at Grand Targhee Resort in Wyoming's Teton Mountains.
Wyoming Travel Advice See All Wyoming Travel Advice
- 10 Hidden Hot Springs You Can Have All to Yourself Nothing beats a warm soak outside on a crisp day. You'll have to ramble down dirt roads, hike into canyons, and cross suspension bridges to get to these hidden hot springs. But the effort will make the "ahhh" even sweeter when you finally slip into a steamy bath set in the middle of a thick forest or beneath the glittery Milky Way. Here are 10 of our favorites in the U.S. and Canada.
- 10 National Parks That Are Better in Winter We tracked down wintry pleasures worth bundling up for at 10 great national parks. Read on to find out where you can see snow beards on bison, venture out on the best ranger-led snowshoe walks, stargaze some of the country's darkest skies, and snorkel in glorious denial.
- 10 Incredible Ski Resorts Around the World World-class skiing is just the tip of the iceberg at these 10 cool resorts where natural hot springs, indoor water parks, scenic gondolas, and romantic sleigh rides entice even non-skiers for a winter stay.
- 10 Picture-Perfect Mountain Towns to See in Winter There's something impossibly charming about a mountain town in winter. From Colorado to Japan, here are 10 off-the-beaten-path hamlets that are especially enchanting during wintertime.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.