Popular West Virginia DestinationsSee all 875
West Virginia Travel GuideWhen to visit West Virginia
West Virginia experiences four seasons and can be an affordable destination year-round. The most popular time to visit is during the summer when school is on break, and in the fall when hunting season takes place and the leaves change color. Spring can be an ideal time to travel, with fewer crowds and pleasant weather.
West Virginia Travel Advice See All West Virginia Travel Advice
- 10 Iconic American Public-Transit Rides Certain public-transit rides offer a lot more than plain conveyance. Great scenery, technological innovation, and historical significance await on ferries and funiculars around the U.S.
- Amtrak's 10 Best Scenic Day Trips With their large windows and comfortable coach seats, trains are unsurpassed for enjoying the countryside as you go. Ed Perkins offers his picks for the best and most picturesque day-only Amtrak routes.
- 10 Picture-Perfect Mountain Towns to See in Winter There's something impossibly charming about a mountain town in winter. From Colorado to Japan, here are 10 off-the-beaten-path hamlets that are especially enchanting during wintertime.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.
- An Avalanche of Winter Mountain Deals If you've ever thought mountain resorts are reserved for the fur-trimmed, jet-set crowd, think again. Due to a lagging economy, U.S. ski resorts are publicizing discounts galore.
Affordable Spas at Home and Abroad
Not all spa vacations mean you have to drain your stress and your wallet. From New Orleans to Bali, Quebec to Indonesia, here are 10 possibilities that promise bliss for less.