Washington, D.C. Travel GuideAbout Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C., a city where you can read the original Constitution on your way to visit the Supreme Court, is the place to see the intersection of the past and present of the United States.When to Visit Washington, D.C.
Deciding when to visit Washington, D.C. can make all the difference in how much you spend. When planning your trip, be sure to factor in weather and seasonality, peak tourism times, and special events such as the Presidential Inauguration and May graduations.
Editors' Picks: Washington, D.C. DealsSee All Washington, D.C. Travel Deals
$45+ O/W Spring Sale Flights with Alaska Air
Though mostly applicable to cities throughout the western part of the nation and Hawaii, Alaska's latest airfare sale has really low starting rates.
Red Roof Inn: Park, Sleep, Fly Discounts
Heading to the airport? Red Roof has a deal for you. Included with your room rate is transportation to and from the airport and inexpensive parking options.
Red Roof Inn: Summer Golf Getaway Packages
This summer, Red Roof Inn has special golf packages at many of its locations across the country. Find discounts, free buckets of balls, complimentary golf-cart rentals, and more.
Red Roof Inn: Senior, AAA, Military Discounts
Seniors, AAA cardholders, veterans, and active military service members can get a discount at Red Roof Inn hotels. Depending on your membership, you can request up to 15 percent off.
Sofitel: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a better price on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, you can request that cheaper rate plus an extra 10 percent off.
Sofitel Hotels: Romantic Getaways Await
With this package you'll get a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate or flowers, complimentary in-room breakfast, and a late-check out of 4 p.m.
Sofitel Hotels: Free Breakfast with Your Stay
In addition to your accommodations, you'll receive complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
Sofitel Hotels: Discounts, Perks for Families
The Magnifique Family package at Sofitel Hotels offers 50 percent off a second room for your children, plus a late 4 p.m. check-out and complimentary breakfast for the kids.
Sofitel Hotels: Business Traveler Perks
Traveling for business? Book the Business @ Sofitel package at select Sofitel Hotels and receive complimentary breakfast and free in-room Internet access.
Hilton Garden Inn: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a cheaper rate on another website within 24 hours of booking your reservation, Hilton will match the lower rate and give you a $50 American Express gift card. Hotels outside the U.S. get a $50 room rate discount.
Washington, D.C. Travel Advice See All Washington, D.C. Travel Advice
- 10 Most Indulgent Brunch Spots Ever Brunch: the meal you have when you don't want breakfast and you don't want lunch ... or you just rolled out of bed and missed both. But the usual eggs-and-coffee rigmarole can get old. So we rounded up the craziest, most ridiculous, most indulgent brunch spots in America, from Champagne-soaked dance parties to bottomless tacos.
- Magical Christmas Markets in North America
- A Night at the Museum: Sleepovers in Unusual Spaces These public spaces, from museums to amusement parks to stores, allow pajama-clad guests to park their sleeping bags beneath dinosaur bones or waterslides and stay until morning.
- Incredible Free Museums Around the World Jetting around the world isn't free, but cultural enrichment can be. We uncovered 10 incredible museums, from Paris to Beijing, where cultural discovery is rich but admission is free for all.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Summer 2014 From a relaxed beach destination to a nonstop urban party, these destinations deliver plenty of wallet-friendly fun this summer.
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Spring 2014 Whether you've got your sights set on Europe, Asia, or somewhere a bit closer to home, we've found a destination to suit your whimsy and your wallet.
- Anchorage Travel Guide
Anchorage appeals to visitors with its combination of outdoor, indoor, and cultural activities.
- Bloomington Travel Guide
Bloomington is home to the nation's largest mall.
- Knoxville Travel Guide
Knoxville has the perfect blend of culture, sports, and food.
- Birmingham Travel Guide
Birmingham, Alabama, may be the last Southern city in America.
- Springfield Travel Guide
Visitors to Springfield can expect lots of outdoor fun.
- Springfield Travel Guide
Follow in Honest Abe's footsteps through Springfield, Illinois.
- Charleston Travel Guide
Charleston offers a look at the Old South's history and charm.
- Spokane Travel Guide
Spokane is a jumping-off point for outdoor activities.
- Omaha Travel Guide
Open skies and Midwestern charm make Omaha unique.
- Durham Travel Guide
Durham has changed a lot since its days as Bull City.