Popular Virginia DestinationsSee all 918
Virginia Travel GuideWhen to visit Virginia
Virginia experiences four seasons with warm summers, pleasant springs, colorful falls, and chilly winters. The most popular time to visit is during the summer, but many people flock to see the changing leaves in the fall. Virginia can be an affordable place to visit year-round, but more discounts are offered in the spring and late fall.
Editors' Picks: Virginia DealsSee All Virginia Travel Deals
Red Roof Inn: Park, Sleep, Fly Discounts
Heading to the airport? Red Roof has a deal for you. Included with your room rate is transportation to and from the airport and inexpensive parking options.
Red Roof Inn: Summer Golf Getaway Packages
This summer, Red Roof Inn has special golf packages at many of its locations across the country. Find discounts, free buckets of balls, complimentary golf-cart rentals, and more.
Red Roof Inn: Senior, AAA, Military Discounts
Seniors, AAA cardholders, veterans, and active military service members can get a discount at Red Roof Inn hotels. Depending on your membership, you can request up to 15 percent off.
Days Inn: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Don't just take the first price you're quoted: If you're a member of AARP or an auto club, are 60 or older, work for the government, or are traveling with a group, you can request additional savings.
Days Inn: 20 Percent Off Three-Night Stays
Receive 20 percent off the best available rates at Days Inn when you book three or more consecutive nights. Or get 15 percent off a two-night stay.
Days Inn: Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a lower rate for the same hotel and date on another website within 24 hours of making your reservation, Days Inn will match the rate and add a 10 percent discount.
Homewood Suites: 10 Percent Discount for Senior Guests
For guests ages 50 years and older, Homewood Suites offers 10 percent off the best available rates.
Homewood Suites: Best Rate Guarantee
Homewood Suites guarantees the best rates when you book on its website. If you find a better price, Homewood will match the lower rate and give you a $50 American Express Gift Cheque
Aloft: Stay One Night, Get the Second for 40 Percent Off
At select Aloft Hotels you can stay one night for the regular rate and get the next night for 40 percent off now through December 31, 2012.
Choice Hotels: 10 Percent Off for AARP Members
Choice Hotels offers guests who are 60 years and older or AARP members a 10 percent discount with advance reservations. Request the senior rate to receive this discount.
Virginia Travel Advice See All Virginia Travel Advice
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.
- 10 Great Wine-Region Getaways for Fall Autumn is prime time to tour the vineyards that dot the nation's every corner, when temperatures are cool and foliage is at its most flamboyant. From the rocky coast of New England to the lush valleys of Washington State, find grape-stomping events, harvest festivals, cook-offs, and more. Here are 10 wine destinations to get your (grape) juices flowing.
- 10 Quintessential Fall Weekend Trips Shortening days, comfy sweaters, steaming mugs of warm apple cider: Some things are so quintessentially fall that, despite the promise of snowy days to come, we just can't wait to partake. Autumn is the ideal time for weekend trips both urban and rustic. Check out our 10 favorite fall destinations and then plan your own cozy escape.
- 10 Sleepy Beach Towns Perfect for Fall While the water's still warm and the weather's still mild, enjoy these 10 iconic U.S. beach towns this fall.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Fall 2010 From theme parks and sunny beaches, to brilliant fall foliage and beyond, these autumn destinations offer affordable experiences.
Planning a Virginia Family Getaway? Order Your Free Travel Guide Now!