Popular Utah DestinationsSee all 272
Utah Travel GuideWhen to visit Utah
Utah has a diverse landscape—from red rock deserts in the south to alpine country in the north—that offers different experiences throughout the year. During the winter, many visitors come to the northern mountain regions for skiing and snowboarding. Summers are an ideal time throughout the state for warmer weather activities such as camping, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and hiking. Utah's many national parks, monuments, and recreation areas are slightly less crowded from November through February, and the ski resorts see slightly fewer visitors in the spring and fall. Travelers can often find the best rates during early spring and late fall.
Editors' Picks: Utah DealsSee All Utah Travel Deals
Microtel: Book in Advance to Save 15 Percent
Planners can save with Microtel's advance booking discount, to the tune of 15 percent off the best available rate when you reserve seven days in advance.
Utah Travel Advice See All Utah Travel Advice
- Affordable Spring Skiing Vacations Across the Country Inspired by the Olympics and the athletes' athleticism? Now is the perfect time to find deals at ski resorts across the country. The Olympics may be over, but ski season isn't.
- Find Spring Break Deals Across the Country and in the Caribbean This spring, whether you want to travel by train, plane, car, or boat to Orlando, Hawaii, New York City, the Caribbean, or anywhere in between, you'll find deals. This is the time to travel.
- Top Places to Catch Olympic Fever for Under $500 It might be too late to book a trip to Vancouver, much less an affordable one, but there are plenty of other places to capture the Olympic spirit this winter.
- Skip the Slopes and Save in Park City The Deal Detective helps a reader plan an action-packed vacation to Park City—minus the skiing.
- Travel Right After the Holidays for a Great Deal If you have any flexibility in your schedule, you'll want to consider planning a trip immediately after the holidays to take advantage of low travel periods and great bargains. The weeks after Thanksgiving and New Year's are especially affordable.
Begin with Zagreb, Croatia - Old Metropolis in the Heart of Europe
Learn what's fresh about the 787. Flying as flying is meant to be.