Popular Utah DestinationsSee all 272
Utah Travel GuideWhen to visit Utah
Utah has a diverse landscape—from red rock deserts in the south to alpine country in the north—that offers different experiences throughout the year. During the winter, many visitors come to the northern mountain regions for skiing and snowboarding. Summers are an ideal time throughout the state for warmer weather activities such as camping, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and hiking. Utah's many national parks, monuments, and recreation areas are slightly less crowded from November through February, and the ski resorts see slightly fewer visitors in the spring and fall. Travelers can often find the best rates during early spring and late fall.
Editors' Picks: Utah DealsSee All Utah Travel Deals
$49+ O/W Summer Flights on Sale Through Monday
Through Memorial Day, Alaska Airlines has discounted flights to several Western U.S. and Canadian cities, including Las Vegas, Kona, San Diego, and Vancouver.
Microtel: Book in Advance to Save 15 Percent
Planners can save with Microtel's advance booking discount, to the tune of 15 percent off the best available rate when you reserve seven days in advance.
Utah Travel Advice See All Utah Travel Advice
- 10 Cool Converted Schoolhouse Hotels We found some amazing schoolhouses around the world that have been transformed into unique hotels, perfect for a back-to-school break. Pack your best Trapper Keeper and Lisa Frank pencils: Here are 10 cool converted schoolhouse hotels you won't mind reporting to.
- Amtrak's 10 Best Scenic Day Trips With their large windows and comfortable coach seats, trains are unsurpassed for enjoying the countryside as you go. Ed Perkins offers his picks for the best and most picturesque day-only Amtrak routes.
- 10 Idyllic Lakes for an End-of-Summer Escape When summer temps blaze, nothing beats running off the end of the dock and plunging cannonball-style into the lake. These 10 iconic American lake destinations are perfect escapes.
- Iconic Summer Getaways in the U.S. Coastal villages and quaint islands. Great Lakes beaches and national parks. Mountain trails and cozy cabins. Nothing brings on warm, sun-soaked memories like a classic summer destination. Whether it's on the bustling boardwalk or under a swaying desert palm, find your place in the sun at one of these 12 iconic summer getaways.
- 10 Campgrounds for an Unforgettable Summer Vacation We've rounded up 10 unique campgrounds where you can tuck into the Appalachian forest like a hobbit, sleep on top of boulders beneath a starry sky, and wake up on a barrier island where wild horses roam the beaches. At these unforgettable sites, you're sure to be a happy camper.