Popular Utah DestinationsSee all 272
Utah Travel GuideWhen to visit Utah
Utah has a diverse landscape—from red rock deserts in the south to alpine country in the north—that offers different experiences throughout the year. During the winter, many visitors come to the northern mountain regions for skiing and snowboarding. Summers are an ideal time throughout the state for warmer weather activities such as camping, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and hiking. Utah's many national parks, monuments, and recreation areas are slightly less crowded from November through February, and the ski resorts see slightly fewer visitors in the spring and fall. Travelers can often find the best rates during early spring and late fall.
Editors' Picks: Utah DealsSee All Utah Travel Deals
Microtel: Book in Advance to Save 15 Percent
Planners can save with Microtel's advance booking discount, to the tune of 15 percent off the best available rate when you reserve seven days in advance.
Utah Travel Advice See All Utah Travel Advice
- 10 Trips That Will Make You a Better Person These 10 trips, from volunteering in an orphanage in Cambodia to learning environmental stewardship on an organic farm in Scotland, will enlarge your heart, help you live more mindfully, and inspire a better version of you to emerge.
- 10 Best Value Destinations in the U.S. Which U.S. travel destinations give you the best value for your vacation dollars? Find out.
- 10 National Parks That Are Better in Winter We tracked down wintry pleasures worth bundling up for at 10 great national parks. Read on to find out where you can see snow beards on bison, venture out on the best ranger-led snowshoe walks, stargaze some of the country's darkest skies, and snorkel in glorious denial.
- 9 Crazy Cat Destinations for Feline Aficionados Discover nine destinations where you can scratch your cat itch, curl up with a purring fur ball, or even adopt a new companion.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.