Popular United States Destinations
United States Travel GuideWhen to visit the United States
From the fall foliage of New England to the hot summers of the South, and from the cold winters of the West to the green spring of the Midwest, the United States encompasses a variety of climates and landscapes. The most popular time to visit is generally the summer. However, spring and fall can be inexpensive alternatives, without the crowds.
Editors' Picks: United States DealsSee All United States Travel Deals
$39+ Nonstop Flights on Sale from Southwest
Southwest's new airfare sale discounts flights from autumn 2015 to as far off as spring 2016, and all across the nation.
Hawaii Flights from $246+ on United
United's new sale discounts travel to Honolulu, Kahului, Kona, and Lihue from a vast number of continental U.S. cities.
Seattle CityPASS: 47% Off Admission to Popular Attractions
With the Seattle CityPASS, you can save 47 percent off the price of admission to Seattle's top tourist attractions compared to the combined regular prices.
Hampton Inn: Up to 15 Percent Off
From advanced-booking specials offering 15 percent off, 10 percent off for those 65-plus, to 15 percent off military families, the numerous promotions offer savings.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Candlewood Suites: Save with Advanced Bookings
Book at least 14 days ahead of your stay and save up to 30 percent at participating Candlewood Suites.
Thrifty: 10 Percent Off Spring and Summer Car Rentals
Need a car for several days? This spring and early summer Thrifty is discounting 10 percent off weekly rentals on most car rentals.
Enterprise: Weekend Rentals for $10
Pack in as much as you can during the weekend because Enterprise Rent-a-Car has rentals for less than $10 per day from Fridays through Mondays.
Budget: 35 Percent Off Prepaid Car Rentals
Budget's ongoing Pay Now promotion offers discounts of up to 35 percent off a car rental.
United States Travel Advice See All United States Travel Advice
- The Single Best Piece of Travel Advice Ever Leading travel experts share the best tips they've ever gotten about the art of traveling.
- Will Airbnb Be the Death of Hostels? Airbnb and other new forms of lodging are changing the face of budget travel. Here's how—and what it means for the hosteling culture.
- How Can I Find an Inexpensive Flight for the Holidays? Jessica Labrencis tells you which days to fly for the cheapest fares.
- Low-Fare Airlines: How to Beat Them at Their Own Game Whether it's extra fees, smaller seats, or a lack of connections, low fares often come with strings attached. Here's how to avoid the most common pitfalls.
- Which Days Do I Need to Travel to Get the Cheapest Flights? Is it better to fly on Tuesdays? Saturdays? And what does "off-peak" really mean? We explain.