Popular United States Destinations
United States Travel GuideWhen to visit the United States
From the fall foliage of New England to the hot summers of the South, and from the cold winters of the West to the green spring of the Midwest, the United States encompasses a variety of climates and landscapes. The most popular time to visit is generally the summer. However, spring and fall can be inexpensive alternatives, without the crowds.
Editors' Picks: United States DealsSee All United States Travel Deals
$59+ O/W Competing Sales from American, Delta, and Southwest
These are massive sales: American, Delta, and Southwest have discounted everything on their roster from as early as December 16 to as far off as of May 21.
$49+ O/W Huge Winter Sale on Alaska
Not satisfied with a puny single-day sale, Alaska Airlines has a huge <em>week-long</em> Cyber Monday airfare promotion through December 9.
Thrifty: Regional & International Specials This Season
Thrifty has deals for different regions around the U.S.
Hertz: Special Offers Going On Now
Promotions from Hertz include reduced weekend, weekly, and monthly rates that could save you money this season.
Thrifty: 20 Percent Off Standard SUV Car Rentals
Save 20 percent off time and mileage from Thrifty car rentals.
Motel 6: Seven-Night-Stay Discounts
If you're going to be traveling for a week or longer, Motel 6 has discounts for extended trips. Savings are applied automatically when you make a reservation for seven nights or more.
More Free Nights for Marriott Credit Card Holders
Through December 31, Marriott Rewards members who hold a program credit card will receive three extra free nights when booking four award nights at the Wailea Beach Marriott.
Travelodge: 20 Percent Off Best Available Rates
Book a stay for at least three consecutive nights at Travelodge and you will receive 20 percent off the best available rate at participating hotels. Breakfast is also included in your stay.
Hampton Inn: Shop-and-Drop Packages
Need a shopping break? Hampton Inn's Shop-and-Drop Package includes accommodations for up to four people, a coupon book for a local mall/outlet or gift certificate to a nearby store, and hot breakfast per person.
Travelodge: Discounts for Seniors, Auto Club Members, More
Travelodge offers 10 percent discounts to members of Auto Clubs within the U.S. and Canada. AARP members can request 20 percent off. Government employees, corporate travelers, and guests 60 and older are also eligible for discounts.
United States Travel Advice See All United States Travel Advice
- Destinations to Watch in 2014 Find out which destinations have something really special happening in 2014, whether it's a momentous anniversary, an acclaimed event, or just one really big, marvelous party
- Top 5 Bargain Destinations for Winter 2013/2014 Escape the cold realities of winter and take a vacation ... for a bargain-basement price. From hot spots like Mexico and biodiverse Ecuador to the bright lights of big cities like New York and Budapest, these destinations offer a welcome change of pace from the cold and dreary grind.
- 10 Incredible Ski Resorts Around the World World-class skiing is just the tip of the iceberg at these 10 cool resorts where natural hot springs, indoor water parks, scenic gondolas, and romantic sleigh rides entice even non-skiers for a winter stay.
- Eight Worst Airports for Holiday Flights With offerings that range from the most abysmal record for on-time flights to the worst amenities and longest security lines, these awful airports are the ones to avoid at all costs, especially during the holidays.
- What Not to Do in Las Vegas We're here to help you avoid the rip-offs, blisters, and epic mistakes that Sin City is known for. Here are our 10 biggest don'ts for your next Vegas vacation.