Popular United Kingdom DestinationsSee all 3090
United Kingdom Travel GuideWhen to visit the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom, for the most part, is a year-round destination. The countryside and seaside bustle in the summer, while there are plenty of indoor museums and cultural events during other times. In general, the most popular time to visit is from the early spring through late summer when the weather is warmest and people take their vacations. The Christmas shopping season in December and school breaks also get busy. Visitor traffic slows down in the early fall when school begins, dips again immediately after the Christmas holidays. The spring and fall are often good times to go for a mix of favorable weather, fewer crowds, and lower prices, but this depends on specific areas within Britain.
Editors' Picks: United Kingdom DealsSee All United Kingdom Travel Deals
$1269 -- London and Paris: 8-Day Vacations
Travelers can visit two of Europe's top cities this winter with this London-Paris combo vacation.
Free Nights at W London Leicester Square
Book 2 or 3 nights at the W London Leicester square and get 1 free night.
$169+ O/W Europe Flights with Wow Air
Good news, bad news. Good: The sale has the cheapest Europe fares by far! Bad: The low-cost carrier will get its money via various fees.
$599 R/T Europe Flights on Aer Lingus
Aer Lingus has a new airfare sale featuring a great number of hot European metropolises, including Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Paris, and more, from several cities across the United States.
Save 30% off your London Hotel Stay
The W London Leicester square offers up to 30 percent off all rooms this winter.
$97 -- Reduced Rates at 4-star London Hotel
Book upscale Marriott Grosvenor Square at discounted rates.
3 Nights for the Price of 2 at Mandarin Oriental
Pamper yourself in London at this 5-star property overlooking iconic Hyde Park.
$62 -- Reduced Rates at European Novotels
Book the City breaks package at select Novotel properties and save.
3 Nights for Price of 2 at London Hotel
Holiday savings at Kensington Close Hotel, book 3 nights, pay for 2.
30% Off, Free Cocktails & Late Check-out at Sofitel
Book the Chic Cocktail package at select Sofitel properties get up to 30% off, free cocktails and more.
United Kingdom Travel Advice See All United Kingdom Travel Advice
- How To: Plan a Surprise Getaway for Valentine's Day in 5 Steps You, my friend, are a romance rockstar. And we are here to help you plan the world's best Valentine's Day gift for travelers: the "surprise getaway."
- How Much Does It Actually Cost to Study Abroad? Some estimates put the cost of a semester abroad at $8,000. But how much do you really <em>need</em> to enjoy the perks of a semester overseas?
- Fitness and Health Vacations You'll Want to Do in 2016 If you thought you'd seen it all, wait till you see what some hotels have planned for the year to come.
- The 3 Most Festive Christmas Destinations in the World Some Christmas destinations are magnificent enough to make us wonder if there really is no place like home for the holidays.
- 11 Reasons London Should Be at the Top of Your Must-Do List Here are 11 reasons why you should be planning a trip to London right now.
6 Travel Myths About London, Debunked
Everything you think about London is wrong. Here are six myths you shouldn't believe.