Popular United Kingdom DestinationsSee all 3090
United Kingdom Travel GuideWhen to visit the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom, for the most part, is a year-round destination. The countryside and seaside bustle in the summer, while there are plenty of indoor museums and cultural events during other times. In general, the most popular time to visit is from the early spring through late summer when the weather is warmest and people take their vacations. The Christmas shopping season in December and school breaks also get busy. Visitor traffic slows down in the early fall when school begins, dips again immediately after the Christmas holidays. The spring and fall are often good times to go for a mix of favorable weather, fewer crowds, and lower prices, but this depends on specific areas within Britain.
Editors' Picks: United Kingdom DealsSee All United Kingdom Travel Deals
Worldwide Airfare Sale on Delta from $84+ O/W
Delta's new worldwide airfare sale spans the globe with flights to domestic locales starting at just $84 each way and international locations for just $438 round-trip.
London-Area Olympics Deals
Stay in the heart of London or nearby for even greater savings during the Olympics.
England and Moscow: Hotels from 20.12 GBP in January
Ring in 2012 with rates from 20.12 GBP.
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
London and Rome Package Deal from $979*
Cover two capital cities in six nights for just $979, including all airfare.
Best Western: 30 Percent Off Early Bookings in Europe
Save up to 30 percent off your stay at Best Western hotels throughout Europe when you book 21 days in advance.
Wyndham: Stay Three Nights, Get 30 Percent Off
Stay three consecutive nights at participating Wyndham properties worldwide and receive 30 percent off the best available rate.
Kids Ride for Free on National Bus Service in the U.K.
National Express, a British bus line that services 1,200 destinations throughout the U.K., sells two family discount cards that allow kids up to age 15 to travel for free.
United Kingdom Travel Advice See All United Kingdom Travel Advice
- 14 Holiday Desserts Worth a Trip From witnessing a German baker knead dough into a classic Christmas fruitcake to indulging in jelly-filled Hanukkah doughnuts in Israel, here's the story on 14 internationally loved holiday treats and ways to enjoy them when you travel.
- 7 Cultural Capitals Set to Shine in 2014 A new crew of cultural capitals is stepping into the spotlight, celebrating their accolades with commemorative gatherings and once-in-a-lifetime events. Find out which cities and regions will be honored in 2014.
- Destinations to Watch in 2014 Find out which destinations have something really special happening in 2014, whether it's a momentous anniversary, an acclaimed event, or just one really big, marvelous party
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2013/2014 Here are five awesome destinations where the colder part of the year bears off-peak affordability.
- 10 Great Tours You Can Take on a Layover A long layover doesn't have to be an exercise in boredom. Make the most of your extended stay by escaping the airport and checking out a new destination with these incredible tours (some are free)!
Great Tour Itineraries for Britain. Get Your Free Britain Guidebook Now
Visiting England? See 13 Ideas, in Pics, of Unforgettable Experiences.