Popular United Kingdom DestinationsSee all 3090
United Kingdom Travel GuideWhen to visit the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom, for the most part, is a year-round destination. The countryside and seaside bustle in the summer, while there are plenty of indoor museums and cultural events during other times. In general, the most popular time to visit is from the early spring through late summer when the weather is warmest and people take their vacations. The Christmas shopping season in December and school breaks also get busy. Visitor traffic slows down in the early fall when school begins, dips again immediately after the Christmas holidays. The spring and fall are often good times to go for a mix of favorable weather, fewer crowds, and lower prices, but this depends on specific areas within Britain.
Editors' Picks: United Kingdom DealsSee All United Kingdom Travel Deals
London-Area Olympics Deals
Stay in the heart of London or nearby for even greater savings during the Olympics.
England and Moscow: Hotels from 20.12 GBP in January
Ring in 2012 with rates from 20.12 GBP.
Fly Business Class for Thanksgiving in Europe
KLM and Lufthansa announced big discounts on business class to Europe over Thanksgiving, plus sales on Air China, Singapore Airlines, OpenSkies, Air New Zealand, and Air France.
London and Rome Package Deal from $979*
Cover two capital cities in six nights for just $979, including all airfare.
Best Western: 30 Percent Off Early Bookings in Europe
Save up to 30 percent off your stay at Best Western hotels throughout Europe when you book 21 days in advance.
Wyndham: Stay Three Nights, Get 30 Percent Off
Stay three consecutive nights at participating Wyndham properties worldwide and receive 30 percent off the best available rate.
Kids Ride for Free on National Bus Service in the U.K.
National Express, a British bus line that services 1,200 destinations throughout the U.K., sells two family discount cards that allow kids up to age 15 to travel for free.
United Kingdom Travel Advice See All United Kingdom Travel Advice
- 10 Weirdest Restaurants in the World Spice up your eating experience at these incredibly weird restaurants around the world. You'll be dodging ninjas and dining out of a toilet in no time! Think we're kidding? Read on, because these restaurants have to be seen to be believed.
- 10 Cool Converted Schoolhouse Hotels We found some amazing schoolhouses around the world that have been transformed into unique hotels, perfect for a back-to-school break. Pack your best Trapper Keeper and Lisa Frank pencils: Here are 10 cool converted schoolhouse hotels you won't mind reporting to.
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- Seven Epic Walking Trails Around the World If your preferred mode of travel involves sturdy boots and hiking poles, here are seven long-distance trails you shouldn't miss.
- How to Snack Like a Local in Europe With so much food in the world to try, every traveler needs an excuse to snack between meals.