Popular Texas DestinationsSee all 1592
Texas Travel GuideWhen to visit Texas
With more than 600 miles of coastline, 900-plus golf courses, and consistently warm temperatures, Texas is a major leisure destination for outdoor enthusiasts throughout the year. Because of its enormous size, Texas encompasses a variety of climates suitable for different activities. For example, the south has beaches and a semi-tropical climate year-round, while mountains dot the western border and snow falls in the north.
Editors' Picks: Texas DealsSee All Texas Travel Deals
NEW: JetBlue Midweek Flights from $49+ O/W
The popular low-cost carrier has discounted spring and summer flights to U.S., Latin America, and Caribbean cities.
$49+ O/W Spring Flights on Alaska
Las Vegas, Hawaii, and San Diego are among the destinations on sale.
$145+ R/T Fall Flights on Sale with American
Too soon to think about fall? The early bird gets the big savings with this sale!
United Sale Flights from $146+ R/T
American, Southwest, and Delta all have competing sales as well. Book by April 6 for travel into June!
$60+ O/W Southwest Airfare Sale with 1,000 Routes
This huge systemwide sale from Southwest Airlines puts nearly 1,000 routes on sale—all for nonstop flights!
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Red Roof Inn: Park, Sleep, Fly Discounts
Heading to the airport? Red Roof has a deal for you. Included with your room rate is transportation to and from the airport and inexpensive parking options.
Red Roof Inn: Summer Golf Getaway Packages
This summer, Red Roof Inn has special golf packages at many of its locations across the country. Find discounts, free buckets of balls, complimentary golf-cart rentals, and more.
Red Roof Inn: Senior, AAA, Military Discounts
Seniors, AAA cardholders, veterans, and active military service members can get a discount at Red Roof Inn hotels. Depending on your membership, you can request up to 15 percent off.
Microtel: Stay Three Consecutive Nights, Save 30 Percent
Book and stay for at least three consecutive nights at a participating Microtel Inn and Suites property, and save 30 percent off your stay.
Texas Travel Advice See All Texas Travel Advice
- 10 Relaxing Resorts Where You Can Warm Up This Winter From the pink sands of Bermuda to the hot springs of Whistler, take off to these 10 resorts where relaxing, reenergizing, and healing are the only things on your radar.
- Best Beaches to Keep the Winter Blues Away Dreaming of a warm escape? Relief is a lot closer than you think. These U.S. beaches, from romantic getaways to family-friendly islands, are certain to take the bite out of winter's chill.
- Magical Christmas Markets in North America
- A Night at the Museum: Sleepovers in Unusual Spaces These public spaces, from museums to amusement parks to stores, allow pajama-clad guests to park their sleeping bags beneath dinosaur bones or waterslides and stay until morning.
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.