Popular Texas DestinationsSee all 1592
Texas Travel GuideWhen to visit Texas
With more than 600 miles of coastline, 900-plus golf courses, and consistently warm temperatures, Texas is a major leisure destination for outdoor enthusiasts throughout the year. Because of its enormous size, Texas encompasses a variety of climates suitable for different activities. For example, the south has beaches and a semi-tropical climate year-round, while mountains dot the western border and snow falls in the north.
Editors' Picks: Texas DealsSee All Texas Travel Deals
Competing Airfare Sales: American vs. United from $137+ R/T
American and United airlines have each released systemwide sales—both promotions ending on Thursday, November 6.
Omni Hotels: Getaway Packages Offer Up to 15 Percent Off
Omni Hotels' many getaway packages offer savings for families, couples, and last-minute vacationers, among others.
Red Roof Inn: Park, Sleep, Fly Discounts
Heading to the airport? Red Roof has a deal for you. Included with your room rate is transportation to and from the airport and inexpensive parking options.
Red Roof Inn: Summer Golf Getaway Packages
This summer, Red Roof Inn has special golf packages at many of its locations across the country. Find discounts, free buckets of balls, complimentary golf-cart rentals, and more.
Red Roof Inn: Senior, AAA, Military Discounts
Seniors, AAA cardholders, veterans, and active military service members can get a discount at Red Roof Inn hotels. Depending on your membership, you can request up to 15 percent off.
Microtel: Stay Three Consecutive Nights, Save 30 Percent
Book and stay for at least three consecutive nights at a participating Microtel Inn and Suites property, and save 30 percent off your stay.
Howard Johnson: Discounts for AARP, Auto Club Members, More
Depending on your membership or demographic, you may qualify for a discount at select Howard Johnson hotels. Get up to 20 percent off your room rate.
Homewood Suites: 10 Percent Discount for Senior Guests
For guests ages 50 years and older, Homewood Suites offers 10 percent off the best available rates.
Homewood Suites: Best Rate Guarantee
Homewood Suites guarantees the best rates when you book on its website. If you find a better price, Homewood will match the lower rate and give you a $50 American Express Gift Cheque
Aloft: Stay One Night, Get the Second for 40 Percent Off
At select Aloft Hotels you can stay one night for the regular rate and get the next night for 40 percent off now through December 31, 2012.
Texas Travel Advice See All Texas Travel Advice
- 10 Places You Shouldn't Go If You're Phobic In this, our most macabre month, we're taking a look at 10 places known for the kind of spectacles that many people would travel the world to see ... and a few would go to any lengths to avoid.
- This Year's Most Popular Destinations for Fall Not sure where to go for your 2014 autumn escape? Read on to find out the top 10 places people are visiting this fall.
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- America's Best State Fairs Nothing says America like deep-fried food, butter sculptures, and dubious carnival rides. Whether you like livestock, musical shows, or food on a stick, there's a state fair out there for you. Here are 10 favorites across the country.
- 10 Secret Seaside Escapes for Summertime At these 10 lesser-known seaside escapes throughout the U.S. and Canada, you'll see heaps of harbor seals, breathe in the aroma of a lavender farm, and taste famous fried clams between jaunts to the beach. When you're here, it feels like summer really could last forever.
- 10 Truly Unique City Tours Around the World On these 10 unique city tours, you'll venture into the Bronx with an old-school rapper and see abandoned buildings in Portugal's second city. You're sure to come home with a camera full of authentic experiences that most visitors miss.