Popular Tennessee DestinationsSee all 582
Tennessee Travel GuideWhen to visit Tennessee
Tennessee's mild climate and special events make it a vacation destination for most of the year. The most popular times to visit are during the summer when kids are out of school and people take their vacations, and during the fall for foliage viewing. December, January, and February are the slowest tourism months. However, visitation picks up around the holidays when there are special festivities. Although less busy than summer, spring has pleasant weather and some major events, particularly the Memphis in May music festival that brings large crowds to the western region of the state.
Editors' Picks: Tennessee DealsSee All Tennessee Travel Deals
American, Delta, United Compete Against Southwest Sale Flights from $61+ O/W
Southwest's brand-new airfare sale features significantly discounted fall and winter flights; these promotional rates are applicable for travel most days of the week. Grab 'em while you can.
Aloft: Stay One Night, Get the Second for 40 Percent Off
At select Aloft Hotels you can stay one night for the regular rate and get the next night for 40 percent off now through December 31, 2012.
Aloft: Discounts with Advance Purchase
Save up to 25 percent when you book your Aloft Hotels stay a minimum of 3 to 21 days in advance.
Baymont Inns and Suites: Senior, Group, Youth Discounts
Baymont Inns and Suites offers discounts for specific groups, including members of Auto Clubs, AARP, and U.S. Youth Soccer members, among others. Discounts range from 10 to 20 percent off.
Baymont Inns and Suites: Best Rates Guaranteed
Book online directly with Baymont to be eligible for the company's Guaranteed Best Rate. If you do find a lower rate for the same hotel on the same dates, Baymont will match the rate and give you an additional 10 percent off your stay.
Tennessee Travel Advice See All Tennessee Travel Advice
- America's Best Small Cities on the Rise Somewhere between quiet villages and metropolises that never sleep are these perfect up-and-coming American cities. Here are 10 terrific little cities, from Chattanooga to Yakima, and plenty of reasons why each one is worth a visit.
- 10 Iconic Things You Can Only Do in America Eat a Fenway Frank at a Boston Red Sox baseball game. Ride the historic 1927 wooden Cyclone roller coaster on Coney Island. These 10 nation-defining pastimes and places are nostalgic things you need to experience at least once in your lifetime.
- From Goldfish to Giraffes: 10 Incredible Hotel Animals Most hotels go out of their way to keep animals out, but a few make stars of their dogs, fish, dolphins, polar bears, and other furry and finned friends.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2013/2014 Here are five awesome destinations where the colder part of the year bears off-peak affordability.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.