Popular Tennessee DestinationsSee all 582
Tennessee Travel GuideWhen to visit Tennessee
Tennessee's mild climate and special events make it a vacation destination for most of the year. The most popular times to visit are during the summer when kids are out of school and people take their vacations, and during the fall for foliage viewing. December, January, and February are the slowest tourism months. However, visitation picks up around the holidays when there are special festivities. Although less busy than summer, spring has pleasant weather and some major events, particularly the Memphis in May music festival that brings large crowds to the western region of the state.
Editors' Picks: Tennessee DealsSee All Tennessee Travel Deals
American and United Match Southwest Sale - Flights from $58+ O/W
Brand-new sales discount most routes on American, Southwest, and United for travel in the spring, summer, and fall months. But hurry, the sales end Thursday.
Aloft: Stay One Night, Get the Second for 40 Percent Off
At select Aloft Hotels you can stay one night for the regular rate and get the next night for 40 percent off now through December 31, 2012.
Aloft: Discounts with Advance Purchase
Save up to 25 percent when you book your Aloft Hotels stay a minimum of 3 to 21 days in advance.
Baymont Inns and Suites: Senior, Group, Youth Discounts
Baymont Inns and Suites offers discounts for specific groups, including members of Auto Clubs, AARP, and U.S. Youth Soccer members, among others. Discounts range from 10 to 20 percent off.
Baymont Inns and Suites: Best Rates Guaranteed
Book online directly with Baymont to be eligible for the company's Guaranteed Best Rate. If you do find a lower rate for the same hotel on the same dates, Baymont will match the rate and give you an additional 10 percent off your stay.
Tennessee Travel Advice See All Tennessee Travel Advice
- From Goldfish to Giraffes: 10 Incredible Hotel Animals Most hotels go out of their way to keep animals out, but a few make stars of their dogs, fish, dolphins, polar bears, and other furry and finned friends.
- Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2013/2014 Here are five awesome destinations where the colder part of the year bears off-peak affordability.
- 13 Best National Parks to See in the Fall You might need to pack a sweater, but you can snap gorgeous photos, partake in special activities, and, of course, enjoy the colors of autumn when you visit a national park this season.
- 10 Quintessential Fall Weekend Trips Shortening days, comfy sweaters, steaming mugs of warm apple cider: Some things are so quintessentially fall that, despite the promise of snowy days to come, we just can't wait to partake. Autumn is the ideal time for weekend trips both urban and rustic. Check out our 10 favorite fall destinations and then plan your own cozy escape.
The World's Worst Tourist Traps
Here are our picks for the 10 most overrated destinations.
- Top Five Bargain Destinations for Spring 2010 Been in travel hibernation lately? Whether you're looking for a beach vacation or an urban escape, these spring bargains are just the thing to rouse you from your slumber.