Sydney Travel GuideAbout Sydney
Sydney's transformation from a backwater prison colony to one of the most enviable cities in the world has been well documented, but this is a city that needs to be seen to be believed.When to Visit Sydney
With a temperate climate and more than 340 days of sunshine per year, Sydney's weather makes it an ideal place to visit year-round. However, the city does experience some seasonal climatic differences as well as major events and business conventions, which affect the number of visitors as well as prices for accommodations and airfare.
Editors' Picks: Sydney DealsSee All Sydney Travel Deals
Swissotel: 'Endless Weekends' Extend Your Stay
Swissotel's Endless Weekend promotion offers guests a chance to sleep in and relax rather than rush. The package includes a one- or two-night stay, breakfast until 2 p.m., and a 2 p.m. checkout.
Sydney Travel Advice See All Sydney Travel Advice
- 11 Best Airport Hotels Around the World Long layover? Canceled flight? Spending the night at the airport is sometimes unavoidable. But you don't have to cram your weary bones into a plastic seat (or worse, curl up on the floor). Instead, we scoured the world for the best airport hotels.
- World's Most Overpriced Travel Destinations Think of your vacation budget. Now add a few zeros. Excellent, now you're ready for the world's most overpriced travel destinations, places with tremendous appeal and intimidating price tags.
- 7 Notoriously Expensive Destinations (and How to Go for Cheap) Here are some tips and tricks for stretching your dollars, pounds, and yen in seven notoriously pricey places around the world.
- Cities Offering the Best Value in Accommodations According to a recent survey, Prague tops the list of destinations offering the best value in hotel accommodations. Read on to find out what other cities made the cut.
- Miami Travel Guide
Roll sunshine, white sand, and endless activities into one thriving beachside city and you've got Miami.
- Memphis Travel Guide
Memphis has been rockin' and rollin' its way into people's hearts since long before Elvis first laced up his blue suede shoes.
- Albuquerque Travel Guide
Located on historic Route 66, Albuquerque is more than a pit stop.
- Jacksonville Travel Guide
Hit the beach or walk the river in Jacksonville.
- Los Angeles Travel Guide
Find a day at the beach, a glimpse of a celebrity, or a day out with Mickey Mouse.
- Portland Travel Guide
Portland, Oregon, has a knack for getting things just right, and these qualities also make it a great travel bargain.
- Denver Travel Guide
Denver is the gateway to the Rockies and a worthy destination in itself.
- Sacramento Travel Guide
Strike it rich in Sacramento.
- Washington, D.C. Travel Guide
Visit the intersection of the U.S. past and present in D.C.
- Seattle Travel Guide
Seattle hits the perfect note with funky flair and fresh attitude.